messed a few steps up, leave it or add water?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taintedplay

Reaction score
I was doing a 5.5 gal batch of cream of 3 crops and had a few too many beers before hand and because my pot is under 10 gallons, I eye balled it and started brewing. After 90 min boil, i had 3 gallons maybe of wort. I started with im assuming 4.5 gallons of water. So i used like 9.5lb of grain for 3 gallons of wort. My starting gravity was 1.073 and ending is supposed to be 1.005 (which leads to ~9% ABV) should i just keep this or should i fill the carboy with water to get up to 5.5 gallons ( which would bring ABV down to ~5%) I also pitched a full packet of yeast

If this was just brewed, as in within a few hours, I would go ahead and add some sterile water.

this was brewed a few hours ago. and should i just heat up some water in the microwave? or go to the store and buy a few gallons of drinking water

this was brewed a few hours ago. and should i just heat up some water in the microwave? or go to the store and buy a few gallons of drinking water

You'll need to boil the water and then cool it before adding. Or, run out and pick up a couple gallons of spring water. Either way works.

should i bump it up to the 5.5 gallons? and should i stir it up in the carboy or just pour on top and call it a day?

If you have already pitched, I would gently rack in the water. I wouldn't worry about stirring it in so much, as brownian motion will take care of that.

i think on this one ill let it stay how it is, and brew the exact same thing tommorow and add the water and compare them

Back