MD Fall Brewday -Nov 14th, Joppa MD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just about to email you actually. I have to go up the PA in the morning take some family pictures at 1 so probably not. I might head down for a little while after but I doubt I will feel like driving an hour and a half just to hang out for a couple hours and drive back. I could probably meet you for a beer on your way back if it isn't late as hell.

Ok people. I'm back. Can we pleaze have a quick synopsis on what has been arranged. I got the Nov 14th bit, Joppa. Something about bnrown porter, which sounds fine to me or stout!

Ok, my daily 10 seconds of HBT is up, gotta run.

Thanks!

:)

If anyone needs anything from MDHB let me know. I'll be there this weekend and can pickup any thing people need.

Dig Dug, how was the oatmeal stout? trying to get a plan...

FYI Cugel was thinking a fat tire clone..... but I just kegged a brown...

who all wants to brew a brown porter?

****, I was supposed to get a bottle of that wasn't i? hmmmmmm

A fat who clone?

No, I suggested a hobgoblin clone... orfy's to be exact. I'm up for a brown porter anyway, regardless. Mmmmmm neeeeeed porter...

Ok here's what I'm going to brew. If someone wants to split a batch let me know. I think I have enough grain to make 10 gallons, but I'll let you know if I don't.

Code:
BeerSmith Recipe Printout - http://www.beersmith.com
Recipe: American Amber
Brewer: Anthony DeStefano
Asst Brewer: 
Style: American Amber Ale
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (35.0) 

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 5.25 gal      
Boil Size: 6.81 gal
Estimated OG: 1.054 SG
Estimated Color: 14.2 SRM
Estimated IBU: 35.4 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount        Item                                      Type         % or IBU      
7 lbs 8.0 oz  Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM)             Grain        71.43 %       
1 lbs         Munich Malt (6.0 SRM)                     Grain        9.52 %        
8.0 oz        Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM)              Grain        4.76 %        
8.0 oz        Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM)     Grain        4.76 %        
8.0 oz        Caramel/Crystal Malt -120L (120.0 SRM)    Grain        4.76 %        
8.0 oz        Caramunich Malt (56.0 SRM)                Grain        4.76 %        
0.50 oz       Williamette [5.60 %]  (60 min) (First WortHops         11.8 IBU      
0.25 oz       Nugget [14.50 %]  (60 min) (First Wort HopHops         15.3 IBU      
0.25 oz       Nugget [14.50 %]  (20 min)                Hops         4.7 IBU       
0.50 oz       Williamette [5.60 %]  (20 min)            Hops         3.6 IBU       
1.00 oz       Nugget [14.50 %]  (0 min)                 Hops          -            
1.00 oz       Williamette [5.60 %]  (0 min)             Hops          -            
1 Pkgs        SafAle American Ale (DCL Yeast #S-05)     Yeast-Ale                  

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Medium Body, Batch Sparge
Total Grain Weight: 10.50 lb
----------------------------
Single Infusion, Medium Body, Batch Sparge
Step Time     Name               Description                         Step Temp     
60 min        Mash In            Add 14.70 qt of water at 166.9 F    156.0 F

Oh and I'll be brining most of my kit. That includes the water filter so no more waiting for the stupid Brita on the sink.

Hey stefin, how about you go suck a big fat cock! I was wondering when I would be hearing from you about it though.

I have 2 burners. Don't know if Mike actually wants to brew anything or not. Need more propane tanks. I only have one and if I recall, it's dead and I need to go get a refill before Sat.

He mentioned doing some sort of wheat beer or something, however I may get him to do a porter or stout to go into my barrel...

I only have one tank anymore. My friend took his other one back that I was using as a spare.

You just reminded me that I need to get a new braid. I crushed mine somehow on my last brew.

OK change of plans.

He mentioned doing some sort of wheat beer or something, however I may get him to do a porter or stout to go into my barrel...

We can do 10 gallons of a porter and split it. I realized I need something to go into the barrel too. Do you want to do a brown porter or a robust porter? Pick one.

If someone has a spare braid, I have my 5g cooler as well as my 10g cooler.

I have a spare braid with a 3/8" adapter on it. Do you need one with a 1/2"? I need to go pick up a 1/2" nipple before Saturday anyway.

Back