MD/DC brewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iceman1407

Reaction score
Any brewers out there in the MD DC VA metro area??? I'm right between DC and Annapolis.

iceman1407

Columbia, MD. Doing a big brew on Saturday, actually, and I live 5 minutes from MDHB (which I <3).

I am now brewing regularly after a little time off.

Didn't realize there was so many of us in the area!!! Anybody in brew clubs? Are there any in the area? If not we should all start one!!

iceman1407

Arlington here.

I just went to the Wort Hogs meeting in Herdon/Reston last month. Really like those guys. Good beer there too

I need to get out to some of these meetings. Maybe something metro accessible will come up once I've made a batch of something other than shame.

('downtown' Arlington, VA)

Yea I love mdhb. Place is amazing. I ended up swinging by one in Arlington area today while at work to a few quick things as I didn't have time to go all the way to Columbia after work. I was very disappointed with the store. Nothing like mdhb

iceman1407

Arnold, outside of Annapolis. Annapolis Home Brew is my go to store and they will be starting some brew sessions soon....

jaynik said:
Arnold, outside of Annapolis. Annapolis Home Brew is my go to store and they will be starting some brew sessions soon....

Are they?? General stuff or what?? When's this happening?

iceman1407

Damascus MD - Anyone have info on the Gaithersburg Area Brewers Society (GABS)?

I love MDHB (was in there new shop last weekend) but just found a new place in Frederick which is a lot closer to me.

Silver Spring here - all grain on the front porch, 4-tap keezer in the basement. I brew at least once a month, up to 4 times a month. Love to visit MDHB whenever possible.

I've come across the GABS website and thought about contacting them and getting involved. It looks like their site hasn't been updated in years. I wonder if they're no longer with us.

Are they?? General stuff or what?? When's this happening?
They expanded the store to include the shop next door recently, so have doubled the size. Huge area with kettles, etc. They said they plan to have brew days "soon" so I guess in the next couple months. I think they are looking for input, but most folks seem interested in learning how to do either all grain or even PM and they demo it. I'll be there tonight or tomorrow, so can ask. You should go in and look around.

jaynik said:
They expanded the store to include the shop next door recently, so have doubled the size. Huge area with kettles, etc. They said they plan to have brew days "soon" so I guess in the next couple months. I think they are looking for input, but most folks seem interested in learning how to do either all grain or even PM and they demo it. I'll be there tonight or tomorrow, so can ask. You should go in and look around.

Where exactly in annapolis is it. I'm in Crofton so really annapolis and Columbia are about the same maybe closer on annapolis depending where it is.

iceman1407

Silver Spring (Colesville/Cloverly area). Actually I used to live in Alexandria until last November. LOOOVVVVE MDHB. It's like being in a penny candy store, except better, because it's beer ingredients.

I am technically a member of DC Homebrewers, but I've never actually gone to a meeting.

Where exactly in annapolis is it. I'm in Crofton so really annapolis and Columbia are about the same maybe closer on annapolis depending where it is.

iceman1407

The name is a little misleading. Annapolis Home Brew is not really in Annapolis, it's in Severna Park which is closer for you. It's located on Ritchie Highway Behind Severna Park Lanes in an Industrial strip. The guys who own it are brothers and they have been super cool to deal with. Can't say enough nice things about those guys!

I'm in Martinsburg, WV, which should technically be MD.

I went to a brew day with a few guys that posted up in the regional section. They were right off 95 north of the beltway above Baltimore and that was a blast.

With so many people in the area, I think it would be cool to have a brew day hosted somewhere. Frederick isn't too far from all points and they have the fair grounds there. I'm sure there's other locations as well. Anyone have the motivation to do a large Capital area brew day?

cokronk said:
I'm in Martinsburg, WV, which should technically be MD.

I went to a brew day with a few guys that posted up in the regional section. They were right off 95 north of the beltway above Baltimore and that was a blast.

With so many people in the area, I think it would be cool to have a brew day hosted somewhere. Frederick isn't too far from all points and they have the fair grounds there. I'm sure there's other locations as well. Anyone have the motivation to do a large Capital area brew day?

What all is it going to take to put it all together??? Never been to one sadly, so I'm unsure of what all goes into it. Sounds like a great idea though!!

iceman1407

What all is it going to take to put it all together??? Never been to one sadly, so I'm unsure of what all goes into it. Sounds like a great idea though!!

iceman1407

This one had about 20 people show up over the course of a day. Someone hosted it at their house. With a place like fairgrounds, we'd probably have to check to see if permits or whatever else is needed.

Alexandria, VA here. I've been meaning to check out the shops in Annapolis and Columbia, just haven't made my way out there. I've heard excellent things about both...

Back