Md Brew Day - January 2010

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@claphamsa I live in Columbia, and give you the common answer of I like everything. I tend to lean towards hoppy beers, I like wit beers also. (I brewed an IPA and a holiday ale with more hopps as my 2 brews) but I am up for whatever. Thanks

KC

I am trying to come up with a beer that is not huge that I would like to brew. I really keep thinking of things that would max out my gear if I did 10G, and I would like to split with someone. Anyone that is looking to split something let me know. I am thinking of a hoppy american red at the moment, but that too may change.

I do not think I am doing my consecration beer at brewday since the OG is looking north of 1070, so I think my mash tun will not fit 10G.

I am trying to come up with a beer that is not huge that I would like to brew. I really keep thinking of things that would max out my gear if I did 10G, and I would like to split with someone. Anyone that is looking to split something let me know. I am thinking of a hoppy american red at the moment, but that too may change.

I do not think I am doing my consecration beer at brewday since the OG is looking north of 1070, so I think my mash tun will not fit 10G.

My tun should be able to handle just about any 10gal grain bill.

Just to continue to throw ideas out there, I have a tried and true brown ale recipe. I think most of the regulars have had it. I would be down for making 10G of that. Many 10G batches have gone through my system, I know that is a good one. Anyone want to split this one, mainly asking the new guys.

Ryan I will be happy to split that brown with you, or if you want to do the Red I am game for that as well. Let me know what you need from me, if you need me to grab anything at MDHB. Thanks
KC

Ryan I will be happy to split that brown with you, or if you want to do the Red I am game for that as well. Let me know what you need from me, if you need me to grab anything at MDHB. Thanks
KC

Cool. Lets plan on the brown then. I will have some finished product to bring you that day too to try it before it is done. Get yourself the yeast you want to use and the base malt, 15 lbs of maris otter. I will bring the other grains and all the hops.

For yeast, you should be able to use anything really. I am partial toe the yorkshire strain for this, but that is seasonal. If I get around to building up the yeast from a slant, I can give you that too, but with the holidays upon us, you may want to plan to get something on your own. The 10G batch I have now is from burton ale, it is available all year. I imagine you can do some dry too, but I dont.

Would love to join just to watch. Have to see if the wife will let me out. Got a lot of events going on around those times.

I'll have to bring at least one, can't fit anymore than that....you still have a guy who can weld?

I haven't done a mash before, so I don't have any of that equipment. I just have a turkey fryer when I boil. 6.5 gal glass carboy and some fermenting buckets along with the little odds and ends.

cool, no problems there, what kinda beer do you like?

we might have to double use systems!

cool, no problems there, what kinda beer do you like?

we might have to double use systems!

I like all types of beers. I have brewed a Stout, IPA, Brown and a Hefe. I would like to try something different, but I am open to pretty much anything. I am just interested in watching the process and helping out where I can.

I know that probably doesn't help too much, but I don't really care what I brew this time.

I'm thinking my standard Irish Red that it's in the RecipeDB...should be good and ready for St Patty's day and the March brewday!

Any takers?

And holy hell it's Garrett....what the hell is up man???

I'm thinking my standard Irish Red that it's in the RecipeDB...should be good and ready for St Patty's day and the March brewday!

Any takers?

And holy hell it's Garrett....what the hell is up man???

I would go in on that with you. Let me know what you need from me and we can make it happen. If that is cool with you.

Let's see...cash for half the batch, BYO yeasties and beasties, and whatever you want to carry it home in.

I have the mash tun, kettle, and burner.

Back