Md Brew Day - January 2010

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[email protected]

You can email me later if you want to figure out more things, like price for the batch. And what type of Yeast I should use.

What the hell is a beastie?

Will let you know once I get the ingredients. I use WL Irish ale for the most part, but I may use Windsor for this batch since I have a few packets hanging out. Depends on what the LHBS has when I go down to get ingredients in the next few weeks.

I imagine it's somewhere in the neighborhood of ~25-30 for 5g.

wow this thread picked up in popularity over the last couple days. So where is it going to be? Joppa or Clap's?

I've assumed it was going to be up here in Joppa, just because we're central for the PA and Delaware guys...

Unless someone thinks we should move it to DC...

Oh, stefin, if you think of it, wanna steal a sample from the lambic barrel for us to taste at brew day?

Lame. I finally grew a set and sampled one of my sours last night. It think it is either in the process of getting "sick", or just coming out of the phase. Pretty thin and ropey, but I could tell its gonna be a good beer.

after being redirected here from the group buy thread i am sad to say that i am already booked for the 16th :( i will however make sure i am in early on the timing of the next one and will gladly drag my crap along to brew something

there isnt really anything in SE PA along these lines, and i have family right outside of Joppa can definitely make the ride!

definitely not that bad, about an hour, a little less to the exit on 95, depends on how far off it is from that. I drive it 2-4 times a month for work (White Marsh) definitely as easy drive

Frederick is not 5 hours...unless you're going thru TKPK and there's a crash on the beltway.

I can get to fredneck in about 2 hours when I'm going out camping in WV.

I have a cold plate I can bring but I use pin lock so you would have to bring the disconects.

It is only a 1 line plate so i'll bring it and you guys fight over who uses it. Do you have a spare tank and reg? If not I can bring mine too so you can keep yours downstairs for the other kegs.

I might be able to get a second tank filled by then, although I'm not sure how good the regulator is. Could get us through the day, but I think it leaks.

We can always put the keg in the fridge with picnic taps....

Back