May be the first hello from macedonia!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vlado_skopsko

Reaction score
In macedonia there arent meny people who are making beer at home ( may be because we have one of the best pils beers SKOPSKO :). So I need some tips for making my first beer ( lager ). thanks for every beer drinker(and maker ) who can help me

Greetings, fellow beer lover!

If you're going to try your very first brew, I think I speak for most of us in that you may want to try a pale ale first.

Temperatures needed for fermentation are not so critical, the procedure doesn't take as long, plus you have a bit more freedom in recipe options.

The real experts (not including me) can shed more light. Welcome aboard!

Hey welcome to HBT. I spent a little time in that part of the world (Bosnia-Herzegovina and Croatia) a few years ago. I don't remember Skopsko, but do I have fond memories of Karlovachko and Sarajevsko - both very good beers.

Thank you so much for your warm welcome.
Sorry for this long delay (4 years) :), my beer making project was on hold so i lost contact with this forum.
Thank you again.

You just made me laugh! I saw the title of the thread, and not the date, and I thought, "Oh, heck, no- he's not the first guy from Macedonia. I remember a guy about four years ago mentioning Macedonia." And it was YOU again! :D

Four years is a long time, so I'm surprised my memory didn't fail me. Now, get brewing already!

how is the supply situation where you are?

small distributors of brewing goods or buy direct from malters and hop growers?

That is the biggest problem here. There are no specialized beer shops here where you can find the ingredients at least none that I know of. There are little to no home brewers and here are no microbreweries too.
You can find the raw ingredients from the bazaar but their quality is questionable. And the finances are problem too.
Its a climate thing or something cause everybody is making vine and rakija(fermented fruits) but no beer. Still beer consumption is higher that the other alcohol beverages.

You just made me laugh! I saw the title of the thread, and not the date, and I thought, "Oh, heck, no- he's not the first guy from Macedonia. I remember a guy about four years ago mentioning Macedonia." And it was YOU again! :D

Four years is a long time, so I'm surprised my memory didn't fail me. Now, get brewing already!
Yes, that is me :). I m glad you remember my post, considering your activity :).
There are problems as i mentioned above. I like to start from row ingredients but the yeast I suppose will be problem (I tried once but had used inactive yeast).
I have some books but the help from this forum will be crucial.
Thank you in advance.

Latest posts

Back