• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mashpaddle.com bottle drying rack.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeepSea

Reaction score
I cut these tonight for personal use and want your feed back. These are made out of unfinished CDX plywood (C= quality of the plywood on one side,X= exterior grade,D=quality of the plywood on other side). The spacing of the holes is such that you can do 12OZ or 22OZ. Is there any interest in buying these? The inside of your bottles do not come in contact with anything but good beer after sanitizing.They pack flat when your done bottling. This one holds a case but I was thinking of a redesign that holds a smaller quantity. This way I can fit them in a USPS flat rate box thus keeping shipping down. I was thinking $40.00 for 2 ( holding 2 cases) plus shipping. Honest feedback is always welcome.

DeepSea
BottleDryer3.jpg

BottleDryer1.jpg

BottleDryer2.jpg

BottleDryer4.jpg

One thought I have. They look great, but a lot of work went into the pins. How about a dado or a sliding dovetail for the connection. That could be done much faster. Keeping the cost down.

Just my 2 cnts.

Love the design but tend to agree on the cost. $40 shipped might be better, from a marketing perspective. But I don't know how one accounts for variance in shipping costs.

I'm assuming you're using a CNC to cut these out, correct?

I wonder how those pegs would hold up after being assembled and disassembled repeatedly. My brew closet is a crawspace under the stairs, so I'm very interested in the design, but I'd be setting up and taking down pretty frequently.

They definitely look great.

Love the design but tend to agree on the cost. $40 shipped might be better, from a marketing perspective. But I don't know how one accounts for variance in shipping costs.

I'm assuming you're using a CNC to cut these out, correct?

I wonder how those pegs would hold up after being assembled and disassembled repeatedly. My brew closet is a crawspace under the stairs, so I'm very interested in the design, but I'd be setting up and taking down pretty frequently.

They definitely look great.

Thanks for the comments. I am using a CNC to cut these which is why I used the pins rather that a dado. I am going to revise the design so they fit into a flat rate box. It will be (4) racks each holding 12 bottles. I will post pictures when complete.

DeepSea

The nicest thing about these racks is that they will store flat. That would be a big plus for people with limited storage.

Here are some of the thoughts I would have if I was looking at a possible purchase of this product:

The racks hold 2 cases, but my 5 gal brew will produce a few more bottles than that, I wish the racks could hold enough bottles for my entire batch.

The racks are unfinished, will that make them hard to clean/sanitize?

The shipping makes it about the same price as a 90 bottle drain tree.

http://www.homebrewit.com/aisle/p/4816

I hope this helps. I do not mean to be critical just be as honest as I can. I hope your product is successful. The storage factor and the fact that it is a wood product (which many people like) may be enough for this to be a success.

Marsdude,
Thank you,I will take your comments into consideration. The fact that it is wood should not deter you. The inside and neck of the bottle never come into contact with the wood. Only the outside shoulder of the bottle. I will look into designing more holes. What would be your ideal number?

Best,

DeepSea

Marsdude,
Thank you,I will take your comments into consideration. The fact that it is wood should not deter you. The inside and neck of the bottle never come into contact with the wood. Only the outside shoulder of the bottle. I will look into designing more holes. What would be your ideal number?

Best,

DeepSea

I was actually saying it was a GOOD THING that it was wood.

As for the number of bottles - I get about 50 bottles from a 5 gal. brew. It can vary.

I was actually saying it was a GOOD THING that it was wood.

As for the number of bottles - I get about 50 bottles from a 5 gal. brew. It can vary.

Marsdude,
I misunderstood the
"The racks are unfinished, will that make them hard to clean/sanitize?

DeepSea

Back