March pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamrd

Reaction score
I'm designing a HERMS system and I'm wondering does anyone have a problem
With the recirculating pump running dry (like stuck sparge) ? I'm planning to put
The temp probe near the recirc. Valve and control the mash temp by turning the heat
Source on and off as needed with continuous recirculation.

I use a March to continuously run wort through my 1.5" RIMS tube. I just throttle the output while doughing in and don't turn the element on until I know the pump is moving fluid.

I'm gonna be using a coil in the HLT as a heat exchanger would it be better to have the probe switching
The pump on and off or the heat source.

I am running a Little Giant 3-md-mt-hc pump.....the owners manual says it can run dry for periods up to 8 hour without adverse effects. Sometimes i have problems getting the liquid to the pump so it has run dry from time to time and i have had no problems with the pump.

Eric

That's good to know. I guess I would hear of problems if there were any since most people here seem to continuously pump through the mash

Back