March pump leaking from head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laouboy

Reaction score
Hello HBT,

So I just recieved my brand new march pump, I hooked it up let liquid flow into the pump before it was set on and it just leaks through the head and when I turn it on it stops leaking from where it's suppose to seal but then when I turned it off it starts to leak again, any suggestions , I probably will send it back if I can't fix it but I want to give it a shot , cheers everyone

I'd check to see if all the screws were tightened. One set keeps the head connected to the motor and the other set is where the wet parts are. Make sure those second ones were sufficiently tight.

I made sure the head screws were tight since that's where the liquid leaked from but I havnt checked the other screw.. when I get home I'll be sure to give it a tighten for now, I'll check back but it is leaking from the head so I don't know if that involves the other screw nag suggestions anyone ?
Cheers

Take the 4 phips screws out of the pump head and take the head off...then you will see 4 flat head screws on the back....undo those and take the cover off....may be you have a pinched o-ring...could sometimes happen during assembly. If thats the case then just give me a call and i will mail you one out. If its not the case then try taking it back to where you got it from and they hopefully will just swap a new one for ya and send that unit back to me.

-Walter

Back