Maple Primer in a Party Pig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

floodbrew

Reaction score
Hey Folks,
I have a maple porter in the 5 gallon primary that I am going to split between my Party Pig (2.25 gallons) and about a dozen bomber bottles for whatever beer remains. Already used 24oz of pure B maple syrup at flameout and plan to prime with it, as well.

The Party Pig calls for about 2oz of standard priming sugar. I usually just go ahead prime my entire 5 gallon batch with 4.5oz of priming sugar and it works well for both the pig and my bottles. I am hoping to be able to do it the same way when I substitute with maple syrup.

The question... If I am usually currently priming with 4.5oz of dry priming sugar, what would be my equivalent using liquid pure maple syrup? I've browsed dozens of threads about it here but still don't feel clear about something that I would think would be a fairly simple answer. Note that based on the style, I'd probably want to be under-carbed than over-carbed.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Thank you for the reply. I was wondering when I would get some help too! That calculator is great. Just what I was looking for.

I would imagine my pre-fermentation additions are going to to determine how much, if any, flavor will be found in my finished beer. I kinda doubt a 4oz primer will have any effect, but since I need a fermentable and I have some on hand... why not.

BTW, I came up empty looking for pure maple extract locally that I could add to boost the presence at bottling if I needed it. I have seen it online but it's not very common.

Back