Maple Porter - Keg or Bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drudini11

Reaction score
Have had my Maple Porter sitting in secondary for 5 weeks.......was going to wait one more week before transferring and trying to decide if I should take this directly to 5gal keg or bottle it. I like my porters to be more cask style so was thinking about simply transferring to bottles. If I take that route should I add priming sugar to the bottling bucket as I normally would or was the 10oz of maple added to secondary enough to carbonate this in the carboy (it actually underwent a pretty strong 2nd fermentation in secondary that lasted like 10 days)? I suppose I could also add some more dissolved maple syrup to the bottling bucket and then transfer to bottles but not sure if that is a wise approach. Any advice you could offer would be appreciated.

The maple sugars should have been eaten by now after 5 weeks. I would batch prime as normal either with sugar or the maple syrup

Latest posts

Back