Manipulation of the EZ cap flip tops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karn

Reaction score
I'm an old lady. Any advice on how to more easily control the wires? Pliers?
Thank you.

Do you mean to actually install/remove the hardware? If so, yes, I think pliers could be helpful. But if you mean to open/close the swing-tops in normal use, I don't think so. What problem are you having?

Do you mean to actually install/remove the hardware? If so, yes, I think pliers could be helpful. But if you mean to open/close the swing-tops in normal use, I don't think so. What problem are you having?
I just received new bottles with the EZ cap flip tops. I can't even get the metal hardware onto the bottles even though there's two notches for the wires. I'll try some tools, but was wondering if there was something 'easy' to do.

What I do is hook one side of the bail in the bottle's notch, then pull the other side to slide around the bottle neck to the other notch. If I were going to do it with pliers, I'd hook one side, hold that side in place with one hand, and pull the other side around with the pliers. The advantage to pliers would be that your fingertips wouldn't have to do most of the work.

Also, just to make sure you're orienting the bails correctly, you might want to take a look at one or both of these videos:

What I do is hook one side of the bail in the bottle's notch, then pull the other side to slide around the bottle neck to the other notch. If I were going to do it with pliers, I'd hook one side, hold that side in place with one hand, and pull the other side around with the pliers. The advantage to pliers would be that your fingertips wouldn't have to do most of the work.

Also, just to make sure you're orienting the bails correctly, you might want to take a look at one or both of these videos:

Great videos, and advice, thank you. I already did it without any tools!

Back