Mangrove Jack's telling me what to do!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm out of here, this thread has just become a big waste of time and all I got for my efforts is that my ignored members list has grown rather large in a very short time... Oh well... :rolleyes:

Bit of irony here about the physical world and things that ACTUALLY happen in it vs theoretical world of books.
Seeing as how you ignore peoples real world experiences as a default, i wonder, is making the ignore list really necessary?

And If you haven’t already blocked everyone here, ill just leave you with this as a little bit of food for thought- what motive would anyone have for lying about warm lager?

The truth is- if warm lager really existed it would fill the glasses of beer enthusiasts who lived on some "round" planet that doesn't sit at the center of the universe.

I find California lagers (Anchor steam beer above all) simply disgusting. There is no way they can compare to a properly fermented lager.
If you used it at 32°C and found it to have a "clean" profile then I'm afraid the issue is with your taste buds. I wouldn't even take an ale yeast that high, except for some Belgian yeasts.
I love Anchor Steam beer. whats so disgusting about it??

The truth is- if warm lager really existed it would fill the glasses of beer enthusiasts who lived on some "round" planet that doesn't sit at the center of the universe.
I'm over here like Norm Peterson shaking his empty beer mug in the air at Sam Malone.

I love Anchor Steam beer. whats so disgusting about it??
The ester profile. To me, it's too much solvent-like, much like what you'd expect from a warm fermented lager. But that's of course just my personal taste so YMMV...

I have had one of my beers turn out like this... A Shiner Bock clone with a terrible grain crush using old grain that lead to low OG which was then put into a poorly sanitized carboy. Worst beer I have ever made but still drinkable.
The other 5 times I have done ale-temp lager ferments have turned out great. I did lager in a keg afterwards for a month or several, but still primary ferm happened at about 70F.
I actually have another warm lager going right now. But Norm Peterson is going to have to wait another month at least.

Back