Mangrove Jacks Cider M02 yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkKF

Reaction score
Just started hearing bout this yeast. Who uses this? Is it even available in USA?

How dry will it take just juice? Any sulfur smell? How long do you age?

I got it at my local Brew store.
I have just started my first two batches with it. Pitched the yeast about 24 hours ago so I cant say as to the finished product.
See my post "well this is new" for a pic of the two batches.

I used it in my last batch of Apfelwein. I really liked the way it turned out!! Quick fermentation, quick clearing and maintained more apple flavor than my previous GO TO wine yeasts (EC-1118 or RC-212).

I did add nutrients (DAP) as with all the yeasts.

I used it in a Cyser that I made (2 Gallons Apple Cider + 1 Gallon Apply Juice + 3 lbs of Honey)..... it is pretty dang good. Like the other posts have said. Fermentation is super fast and clearing takes maybe another week possible 2 weeks.

Man I pitched some of this about 36 hours ago and am seeing very little action in the airlock. It's kinda cool in my house @ 64 degrees so I'm wondering if that's not to blame for the slow start, but I'm still a little worried. I know, don't worry, but it's my first batch of cider. My first beer I brewed a few weeks ago rocketed off to immediately start fermenting. It was much higher OG and warmer, though.

Man I pitched some of this about 36 hours ago and am seeing very little action in the airlock. It's kinda cool in my house @ 64 degrees so I'm wondering if that's not to blame for the slow start, but I'm still a little worried. I know, don't worry, but it's my first batch of cider. My first beer I brewed a few weeks ago rocketed off to immediately start fermenting. It was much higher OG and warmer, though.

Just wait, 2-3 days in it will be like a champagne amount of bubbles coming to the top.

Just wait, 2-3 days in it will be like a champagne amount of bubbles coming to the top.

It is the first time I had to install a blow off tube.
Overnight it filled the airlock and overflowed onto the carboy and into the floor.
It has settled down some now but yes it a very active yeast.

Yep she's bubbling pretty good now. I have a blowoff on it.

My best batch so far was with Mangrove Jack cider yeast even though I didnt use nutrient, just lucky I guess. I used green apples harvested early in the summer, steamed in Safborne to get juice, brown sugar during primary to increase %, and honey for back sweetener during secondary.

Back