Man I hate people who don't register and still show up to vote.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The penalties for voter fraud are pretty stiff... One to two years of prison. Hardly worth it since you'd have to do it alot to make any kind of difference.

Which is why it is rarely an issue.

Huh? Aren't you an Ex-Wisconsinite??? Not keeping much tabs on the home state, are you???
The last TWO Wisconsin elections were smeared with voter fraud. Stories of people being bussed in from other states to vote (early and often, literally). Stories of homeless people being rounded up and driven to polling places in exchage for food and cash, all kinds of stuff. NOTHING ever came out of the investigation. I think I recall a couple kids getting busted for vandalism (they were caught slashing the tires on some Republican vans) but that's about it.

And STILL our wonderful governor won't change the laws to curb voter fraud. He's vetoed bills twice.

I moved counties in July and had to register again (stupid, archaic law, IMO, I think you should just have to register in your state). Anyway, I send in the card, they tell me "within 30 days" I'll get my registration. 1.5 months go by, they send me a card that says I didn't fill out the citizenship question, so I was being denied, but
A) I did answer the question
B) The first thought in my head was, "you're the government. Look it the **** up".
Seriously, it probably took them 10x more effort to put another registration in an envelope and mail me an explanation, then process another card, then mail the registration than it would've to just look it up.
Anyway, they tell me if I send a corrected card in, I'll be registered within the original 30 days from me sending the first card, which was funny, because they had taken more than 2 weeks past the original deadline to tell me that. So I go and fill out the new card, mail it in sometime in late September IIRC. As of Nov. 5, I STILL haven't been sent a voter's registration.

I moved so I needed to re-register this year. I didn't bother registering ahead of time, I just did it at the polling facility. Took all of 2 minutes of my time, I just needed a photo ID and had to sign an affidavit that I was eligible to vote in that precinct (they were also supposed to see a utility bill with my current address which I had brought with me, but they didn't ask to see it, so it just stayed in my pocket.)

No one behind me in line was held up. They let the people who were already registered go past me while I filled out the form.

They make the line go by so slow. Then they yell at the poll worker who is probably a volunteer, like they can change voting laws.
Apparantly in south central phoenix people think you can show up to vote and register to vote in the same place. People were literally astonished to hear you can't register to vote on voting day.

I didn't read most of this thread, so forgive me if something has already been said regarding it.

In Iowa you CAN register to vote on-site. I was forced to do it AGAIN this year, after my last 3 attempts to register apparently failed. Every time I've ever showed up to vote I'm not on the rolls, I do everything right but they always seem to "lose" my registration info.

I walk to the other side of the building and register at a little table, doesn't effect the line at all.

Back