Lucky strike - 5 lbs of Hallertau Saphir for free

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reinheitsgebot

Reaction score
Met this guy at the Oktoberfest this year who works for a hop company in the Holledau (Hallertau). We were both a bit buzzed and he said he'd send me some hops to try.

Well, UPS just dropped of 5 pounds of Hallertau Saphir pellets. Guess he held true to his word?!

I guess I have some brewing to do....

got the sealer, thanks. It'll be a bunch of work to break it up into 1 oz baggies. I'll have to find the time to get to it. Anyone know a drug dealer that has spare small ziplock bags?
Unfortunately I am a big fan of Ales and European Beers. Not so much into IPAs so the hops will last a long time.
The 5 lbs block is actually packaged and labeled - that particular company seems to be a supplier for the bigger Munich Breweries.

Wow, I just checked the prices for hops - that is a pretty good stash!

what's the AA on those? Shaphir is usually a bit higher than some of the other nobles. 4%ish? I would consider trying an APA or maybe a pilsner with it. They're know to have subtle tangerine flavors.

got the sealer, thanks. It'll be a bunch of work to break it up into 1 oz baggies. I'll have to find the time to get to it. Anyone know a drug dealer that has spare small ziplock bags?
Unfortunately I am a big fan of Ales and European Beers. Not so much into IPAs so the hops will last a long time.
The 5 lbs block is actually packaged and labeled - that particular company seems to be a supplier for the bigger Munich Breweries.

Wow, I just checked the prices for hops - that is a pretty good stash!

oh yea for sure, thats like $150.00 worth of hops

Anyone got recipes or ideas what I can brew with it? With my Mac I am limited on software and can not compare different kinds of hops. Can I substitute another type with this one?

And once I have them packaged in 1 or 2 oz baggies, I'd be happy to trade!

Back