Lubricating the o-rings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gfunk

Reaction score
How often do you have to lubricate the o-rings? I read that you should do it every time you clean it. Is that true?

I will lubricate the dip tube and the lid o-rings with each batch. As for the poppets I will probably lubricate them with after every 2 or 3 batches.

I disassemble and rebuild my kegs after each use. So, I lube everything, every time. But, that's my sickness....not everyones.

I do it each time. I don't think it's necessary but I have everything apart for cleaning so I just throw some on the o-rings. Again, I don't think it is needed but for how many kegs I clean each month (not many) it really dosen't take long.

I don't take off the disconnect valves or poppet but I do the big O ring and the outside of the disconnects every time.

I clean the entire keg every four of five beers.

I disassemble and rebuild my kegs after each use. So, I lube everything, every time. But, that's my sickness....not everyones.
I've disassembled one keg in two years :) Almost 50 batches.

So yeah, different philosophies. I lube the post o-rings when I remember to or when the quick-connects get hard to put on/take off.

-Joe

Am I really the first one to say it?

Giggity.

I don't own keg lube, and I'm sure I need to invest in some. However, I've been kegging using two cornies for the last year and a half, and haven't used any lube.

Back