Lubbock Water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecojack

Reaction score
Anyone in Lubbock use the tap water? I use to work for a water conditioning company here and know that the water is disgusting. I've only made one batch, a Texas Red, with some spring water...everything else has been topped off with pure Lubbock tap.

Once I find the right batch to consistently brew I may try some with tap/spring water side by side.

Oh! and it might snow again tonight! Yay.

i'm sure if you talk to some of the ale-ians they can probably tell you. When i lived in the LBB i only used bottled water. Another brewer in know in town used the five-gallon jugs filled with RO water i think.

I have brewed with the water and it comes out just fine.

I could not find the thread where I posted these graphs on the local water profiles. So here you go:

Chloramine.png

WaterReport.png

If you compare the the ion levels to what is recommended for some styles, you will find them to be pretty close.

Hope this helps.

Note: I need to update those graphs for 2008
Oh and this info came from the water department website. http://water.ci.lubbock.tx.us/

I use well water for most of mine, but use the water windmills RO H2O for APAs and lighter brews.

Back