LP Gas Control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerBrewinWizard

Ancient Arts Home Brewery
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have been using LP Gas with 10" Burners on my triple kettle 25 gal brew rig for around eight years now and I have experimented with several added features like push button BBQ Grille type spark igniters which work well,,, but always pushing forward I added a standing pilots next but decided I wanted to use less gas. That was about 5 years ago. Last summer I started playing around with a Honeywell intermittent pilot ignition control. I had to build a main control panel but and to build an individual control for each brew-stand (I built separate stands for each kettle). The first one I built is for the HLT and I used a MyPin TA4 to switch the the output through a 24V Trans to the Honeywell. I had to go into the MyPin and change it to reduce the cycling on/off. I turned the PP Off so it does not learn because that seems to just drive it to cycle too fast. I set the hysterisis to +/- 2F. So far so good. What can I say, my mancave must be powered by fire! Cheers!

I'm interested in learning more about this. Any photos or build log to share?

Back