Love TSD-11010

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doggage

Reaction score
Rain has put a delay on painting the house, so I'm trying to wire up my chest freezer with a Love temp controller. Does anyone know of a guide/diagram on wiring a Love TSD-10110 controller. I want to wire it to an extension cord.

All the guides I've found have 11 ports on the back, but as you can see in the picture, mine has only 10, throwing everything off. Thanks in advance.

love_controller4.jpg

Thanks, Guy. That's actually the same diagram that is on the back of the controller, which would be perfect for someone who knew what they were doing. Unfortunately, I'm not that person.

I guess I need more simple directions, if possible. This is a (horrible) diagram of the way I have it wired now, but I'm getting no power through and an "Erp" message on the display. Thanks for help.

Picture_13.jpg
[/IMG]

question:

Do you need to use the extension cord for other purposes beyond the controller, or do you want to use it as a way to remote mount your controller, and potentially use it elsewhere?

I ask this, because after reviewing the above link, and then looking at what you've diagrammed out, the controller can't work. Your supply is absent, and apparently your probe is hooked in wrong. If you can define what it is, exactly what you want to do with the female end of the extension cord, I may be able to help you figure this one out.

PM me at need.

Fixed it! It was set up default for 2 probes but I had only one connected. Got the parameter set to 1 and was good to go. Thanks to Brau_Haus and SawdustGuy.

how does everyone like this controller? I was planning on building something soon and the price tag on this unit is great!

wow I'm looking at one of these too could one of you guys pm me or post up the way it should be? I'm looking at the schematic above and I can't figure out whats wrong exactly (lead and neutral at the female end)

This is how I got it finally working, with help from the Brew_Haus and SawDustGuy:

Temp probe: Blue on terminal 2; Brown on terminal 4.

Jumper: terminal 6 to 9.

Neutral (white): Spliced to pass through from wall outlet on to compressor with a wire also going to terminal 7.

Black (hot) wire coming from wall outlet going to terminal 6.

Black (hot) wire going to compressor from terminal 8.

Okay, an update on the final (working) wiring with help from Brew_Haus and SawDustGuy and ClaudiusB:

Temp probe: Blue on terminal 2; Brown on terminal 4.

Jumper: terminal 6 to 9.

Neutral (white): Spliced to pass through from wall outlet on to compressor with a wire also going to terminal 7.

Black (hot) wire coming from wall outlet going to terminal 6.

Black (hot) wire going to compressor from terminal 10.

--
Some of the parameters that gave me trouble. ClaudiusB wrote:

Set r0 between 1-3 for testing.
Set C1 to 0
Look at the out LED
Set the set point to 100
Keep the probe temp below 100
The out LED should be off

(By the way check out ClaudiusB's brewery. Could it be that someone is challenging Yuri as the HBT tech guru? WOW!!!)

Thank you guys for posting this! I purchased the same model off of ebay for about $35 shipped so this was a great help in getting it wired up. Can't beat the price especially with 2 probes included.

Back