Love Controller TSS2: Using 2 Temp Probes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cas3439

Reaction score
I have a Love TSS2 that is capable of using 2 temp probes, but I don't think it will work the way I want. I think the way it is supposed to work is that 1 probe switches relay 1 (cooling) and the other probe switches relay 2 (heating).

What I would like to do is use either Probe 1 or Probe 2. My reasoning is that I want to use one in a thermowell for those critical fermenting temps and then if I haven't got anything fermenting I can switch to the other (door mounted, submerged in vodka), just so it isn't reading ambient air temp. Can I just take the thermowell probe and submerge it into the vodka and use 1 probe, yes, but that's no fun.

So, do any of you brainiacs think its possible to switch between the probes in the controller software? If not I was thinking of using a DPDT (Double Pole Double Throw) switch to direct which probe I want to use, using the 1 probe setup.

I have the same controller and short of actually hacking the firmware I'm pretty sure probe 1 is always associated with stage 1. The dpdt switch is likely your only good shot...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back