Lots of airlock activity w/out aroma?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmaxdmax

Reaction score
You may recall that I posted a question about how much fermentation might smell. I'm now concerned with the opposite situation. My airlock is bubbling like crazy in a 67ish degree room but to get any aroma at all I have to snort straight from the source and I get barely a whiff of bread. It's in a small room but if I didn't hear the gurgling I wouldn't know it was there.

Is there anything I should be worried about?

Don't worry about what your beer fermentation CO2 farts smell like...Relax, have a brew instead. :D

I didn't expect pure CO2 to smell like anything but I thought the overall aroma to be something like, you know, beer.

worry worry worry. why must new brewers look for any excuse to worry. it smells too much, it doesn't smell enough. the bubbles stopped too soon, the bubbles kept are still going too long.

OP, i'm just giving you a hard time, we've all been there, but seriously, the thing to always always keep in mind.... yeast have been turning wort into beer for a lot longer than you've been around to worry about it. they know what they're doing.

Back