Lost, the TV show--who watches it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
***THIS THREAD MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!!!!***

Who watches it, and is TOTALLY addicted?

I never watched the series on TV, but I recently finished all 3 seasons on DVD (and through itunes). I watched all 3 seasons in about 3 weeks time--I was totally addicted.

The season 3 finale was some jacked up ****. I was speechless and just stared at a blank screen for like 10 minutes. Never expected that.

But now...I'm dying. WTF is going to happen?????????

Who are your favorite characters, or storylines, or mysteries?

I love Desmond, Sawyer, and Hurley. Desmond is someone that may be an interesting part of the future of the series, IMHO.

Discuss.

I have to find the eps I missed toward the begining of this season when
Mr Eko Spoiler : *Gets eaten? by the Monster*

I think I missed that one and the one before.

Eko is my fave. Spoiler: *I hope he comes back because an echo returns, ya know*

I thought 1st season was great, 2nd was so-so. At this point, from what I've heard spoiler-wise, I think it has pretty much jumped the shark for me.

Buford said:
I thought 1st season was great, 2nd was so-so. At this point, from what I've heard spoiler-wise, I think it has pretty much jumped the shark for me.

Hmmmm....I don't know how that could be possible--considering the season 3 finale.

i have watched all 3 seasons in real time, haven't missed an episode. The show is thought provoking to say the least. we sit around at lunch coming up with wack theories about the whole thing. It sucks it won't be coming back till january. but that's better than watching freaking repeats.

the third season was way better than the second in my opinion.

my niece bought a lost puzzle that has 3000 pieces. When she and her man put it together they flipped it over and it's got like some blacklight revealed stuff on it like a map of the island and the compound. just makes you think more.

SWMBO and myself watch it. Since it's filmed in Hawaii, we actually had the opportunity to meet Jorge Garcia at an autograph signing. It keeps you on your toes for sure, just when you think you're starting to figure everything out they throw some curveball.

I do not like what they are doing with the whole 16wk mini-season now. Waiting almost 6months for the new season sucks.

McKBrew said:
SWMBO and myself watch it. Since it's filmed in Hawaii, we actually had the opportunity to meet Jorge Garcia at an autograph signing. It keeps you on your toes for sure, just when you think you're starting to figure everything out they throw some curveball.

I do not like what they are doing with the whole 16wk mini-season now. Waiting almost 6months for the new season sucks.

From what I've heard, people bitched about the re-runs and the breaks in between episodes, so they decided to run them all back to back now in one full season. I like it better that way, honestly. We go from 24 to 16 episodes now though.

Hurley is one of my faves. The "Dave" episode was one that really got to me. I actually got up from my chair and cheered in season 3 when he "rescued" his mates utilizing the van. That was awesome.

***SPOILER ALERT (hidden from view, but it is there)***

I'm currently re-watching season 2 with SWMBO (she hasn't seen it yet) in hopes of catching something that I read on a lost forum ***about some of the flash"backs" actually being flash"forwards" (besides the obvious one in the finale). They said to watch carefully.***

Is this true?

I'm like you Dude, I never watched the show but just a few weeks ago I banged out all three seasons. Except, I watched it over the course of a week... I don't recommend doing that... I was starting to think I was on the island myself :)

Dude said:
Hmmmm....I don't know how that could be possible--considering the season 3 finale.

Two words: Mr. Eko. Not the character himself, but what the writers did to him.

SWMBO and I watched the first season religiously. About halfway into season 2 we both just lost interest. It got too weird and strayed too far from the original premise for me.

It was destined to, I guess. How long can a show about people stranded on an island continue unless there's the occasional monster thrown into the plot to keep viewers coming back?

half way into season 2 was the same reaction from me. It got very mundane. I read somewhere that they didn't know at that time where they were going to end, and were negotiating for more episodes. It was like a holding pattern. Then they ramped it up again in the next season

I'm riveted to the show, myself. The only thing that gets me is the constant reruns and the way they do their own thing with the season. That's BS!
That, and I hate Jack. Too "Party of Five". Why doesn't he either grow a beard or shave? Hurley freakin' rocks, though!
When it comes back on, I'll forgive them.

Back