#1 Beer Fan Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi HBTers. I received the following press release and thought some of you might be interested in the #1 Beer Fan Competition.

The website is http://1beerfan.com/

What do you think of this? As someone who never watches reality tv, I'm curious to see how the reality show competition piece would work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: April 28th, 2015
What: #1 Beer Fan Competition
Who: Fans of Beer Everywhere in the United States
When: Competition begins May 1st and ends in December 2015
Why: To recognize and celebrate American beer fans
Where: Chicago-based competition open to all U. S. residents

Commercial brewers have a multitude of competitions at which they can win all sorts of awards for their brewing prowess, but who celebrates the beer consumers who support these brewers? Until now, no one.

The #1 Beer Fan competition is designed to recognize and celebrate the most passionate and knowledgeable beer fans in the country. The #1 Beer Fan will be chosen from among the hundreds (thousands?) who choose to participate in this competition.

This months-long competition will winnow down the field of qualified entrants through a series of tests, tastings and participatory events, including:

· Round 1: Contestants will submit a short video to be voted on by the beer community.

· Round 2: Contestants will complete a comprehensive online beer exam.

· Round 3: Contestants will participate in an in-person beer evaluation in the Chicago area in fall of 2015.

· Round 4: Finalists will compete in a reality show style competition that will be filmed and released in 4 episodes.

· Final Round 5: Remaining finalists will compete in front of a live audience and a professional judging panel to determine the #1 Beer Fan.

#1 Beer Fan Competition is a joint venture between Beer Community Organizer, Don DiBrita (Beerdogging.com), and beer book author and beer educator, Marty Nachel. In addition to creating a fun and entertaining competition, beer awareness and education is their ultimate goal.

Check out our website: http://1beerfan.com/

Being in the ceiling fan business for 15 years has taught me one thing:

There's a fan for that.

41h1q-s%2BLQL.jpg

Hmmm... i wonder if the reality show will be anything like the Original Pain Olympics...

I don't really see an incentive to enter in other than having a title of #1 beer fan...

Cash prize along with free beer merch would be nice.... just sayin

Latest posts

Back