Looking to start kegging-- Fridge size questions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unusmundus

Reaction score
So tomorrow's payday and I'm looking to pick up a complete kegging system from my LHBS, but am going to need a separate fridge to keep it in. Not looking for anything fancy, just enough to store 1 keg + c02 tank for the time being. Can upgrade later if needed. I've read that corny's are 8" in diameter 26" tall. I just got this pic of the inside of this fridge someone is selling on Kijiji (looks like a Kenmore from the pic included in the ad, will post that pic as well). Definitely looks deep enough to me, but can anyone tell from looking if it's tall enough? Freezer unit is pretty small, but looks easy enough to remove if needed. Any input appreciated. Cheers !:mug:

photo.jpg

$T2eC16F,!zkFJC8YD(t7BSUIOZN,Uw~~48_20.JPG

Get a 7 CF chest freezer from home depot. You can get a new one for about $170 delivered inside your home. You can fit 4-5 kegs in there.

Get a 7 CF chest freezer from home depot. You can get a new one for about $170 delivered inside your home. You can fit 4-5 kegs in there.

I really just don't have the room for that at the moment, all I really need is a fridge big enough for one. I think I may have found this particular kenmore model online, looks like it's 34" tall.

Freezer unit is pretty small, but looks easy enough to remove if needed. Any input appreciated. Cheers !:mug:

You can't remove the freezer....that is the chilling plate for the fridge. People have carefully bent or moved the freezer out of the way to use units like this...."carefully" being the key word here...if you damage the coolant line going to the freezer plate...the unit is worthless!!!!!!!!

You can't remove the freezer....that is the chilling plate for the fridge. People have carefully bent or moved the freezer out of the way to use units like this...."carefully" being the key word here...if you damage the coolant line going to the freezer plate...the unit is worthless!!!!!!!!

Dammit, any idea whether a single keg will fit without removing the freezer unit? Or any tips for bending the chilling plate?

Back