Looking for the right kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbyisstrange

Reaction score
I am in the process of making a garage bar - I’m looking to a new kegerator. The garage has no ac so my first pour is always foam due to the faucet being warm. Not sure there is a way to remedy that. Any recommendations on a new unit?

I use this Kegco XCK-1B-4 in my garage. It's commercial, so noisier and spendier than many kegerators, but it holds 4 kegs. I added a fan unit to push cold air into the tower to cool the lines and taps, as the built-in tower cooling function was inadequate.

I use this Kegco XCK-1B-4 in my garage. It's commercial, so noisier and spendier than many kegerators, but it holds 4 kegs. I added a fan unit to push cold air into the tower to cool the lines and taps, as the built-in tower cooling function was inadequate.
What fan unit did you add?

I did the same thing. I would put 4 kegs in and the air circulation needed help. If you go on Amazon & look for small fans with a plug connection, it solved the problem perfectly. Just feed the cord under the bottom seal of the door.

Back