looking for someone to try my mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gar

Reaction score
Im no mead/wine freak but i make this stuff for future generations and id like to know if my mead is gonna be somthing that this future person is gonna be happy that i did it or if im totally f@cking it up. all im looking for is someone who knows mead enough to know its good or not and ill send you a bottle. all i ask is you tell me is it good or right and what i can do to make it better if its f@cked
just pm me if interested 1st on in the us gets it.

Just wondering, but isn't shipping alcohol illegal? Not that I'm a whistleblower, go for it. I'm was wondering if homebrew was an exception.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just wondering, but isn't shipping alcohol illegal? Not that I'm a whistleblower, go for it. I'm was wondering if homebrew was an exception.

It depends on the state I believe but generally no it's not. There is a section of the forum dedicated for swaps. Selling it would be illegal. Giving it away should be fine.

It's shaky - most places require you to have a license to ship alcohol. That said, homebrewers ship their beer all the time, for swaps and competitions primarily. A typical workaround to the regulations is to label it as olive oil on the shipping manifest.

Ahhh, I gotcha. I was looking for a way to give my brother some mead. I'll try that out. Thanks!

Im no mead/wine freak but i make this stuff for future generations and id like to know if my mead is gonna be somthing that this future person is gonna be happy that i did it or if im totally f@cking it up. all im looking for is someone who knows mead enough to know its good or not and ill send you a bottle. all i ask is you tell me is it good or right and what i can do to make it better if its f@cked
just pm me if interested 1st on in the us gets it.

Why not simply take a bottle to your LBHS and ask the folk there what they think?

This is yeast samples that happen to be in a liquid that contained water and honey. now if something happened there i cannot say as im not a chemist.:)

Why not simply take a bottle to your LBHS and ask the folk there what they think?
Im able to do that with beer in fact they pass some of mine around when they
hold compitions so i get a little feedback there. but the guys there that ive talked to about wine are like me they are not fans of it.

Hell Marion? I'm not too far away :). Too bad I'm new to this also and wouldn't have any significant advice. Good luck!

Back