Logo help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hatrickwah

Sponsor
Reaction score
So I admit I'm fairly new to HBT, but that has more to do with me focused on my tiny part of the world. I've been brewing for more than 2 years, and am in the process of upgrading my brewery to a 3 keggle, dual pump, single tier brewhouse. Big step from my previous, one cooler, one keggle, gravity fed process. To the point, at this point in my build I've had a flash and now want to do a brewery logo. The problem, while I can build websites and brew beer, I'm not very artistic. I have my design in mind, but need help to bring it to fruition. As my avatar name, the brewery is Hatrickwah Brewing. I have an image of an angry hockey player after a slapshot, looking down his stick in mind, the stick overlapping the text maybe. The key, is since it is homebrewing, the player needs to have some cartoonish characteristics. Colors, I'm thinking Blackhawks or Avalanche colors (I wore Blackhawks colors throughout my hockey playing days, but am an Avs fan). Anyone have some ideas?

Here's the one request I'm hoping is possible as well, I'm hoping to get a rastor, Adobe Illustrator image with the coloring layered such that it could be seperated from the outlines so that I can do some black & white imagery along with the color imagery.

Thanks in advance.

Have you considered talking to BrewBrandCreative? They're a vendor here, and do super nice work. Just check out their portfolio:

beer logo design

What you're actually looking for is a vector image, am I right?

hatrickwah. Ive done some label designs for myself, and another HBT member. Im willing to work on a design for you on my free time. I only charge a bomber or two of your own home brew (If you plan on using the design of course). Like i said, I did the same for another member and it worked out well. He loved the design and i got a couple flavors of his beer shipped to me.

If this interests you let me know. And take a look at my pic gallery to see a couple examples.

Burro, I don't have a problem trading brew for graphics. That's what I usually work for when I do web designs (now apparently I don't get anything). I saw your Eye For an Eye logo and thought it impressive. What software or medium do you use when working on the logos?

I use Illustrator and Photoshop CS5. I'll start working on a design. I understand you want a hockey player slap shot with Avalanche or Blackhawk colors. Let me know if you think of anything else you want incorporated.

Don't know if you're willing to shell out a few bones on your logo or not but check out 99design.com. pretty rad site for graphic designers and those in need of one.

Latest posts

Back