Tiny Brew House. Ultimate BIAB 110v System Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my panel cut and am working on assembling it now. Still waiting on relay board but I should be able to get it mostly assembled up without that in place.

rTaexTV.jpg

qA97myn.jpg

2TwMine.jpg

Sorry, I am geek at heart! I totally believe that you should make a completely new thread just for your panel. I am very interested in knowing a lot more about it. Such as what size is the box? HOW did you cut the holes in the panel or did you order the panel with the holes already in it? I love those large electrical connections, I have been looking for some same or similar for a different sort of box i have been building for over a year (I am very slow when it comes to electrical stuff).

Keep up the good work!

However, we are going to take it one step further and use the condenser as the wort chiller at the end of the boil too. I think a pool heat exchanger will work awesome for this. Honestly not sure why these are not more common in general as counterflow wort chillers considering you can get a stainless unit for around $100
Shell-and-tube-heat-exchanger.png

. :mug:

Great idea!!!!! What size did to buy? I would love to try this as a pre chiller to use while whirl-pooling.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Sorry, I am geek at heart! I totally believe that you should make a completely new thread just for your panel. I am very interested in knowing a lot more about it. Such as what size is the box? HOW did you cut the holes in the panel or did you order the panel with the holes already in it? I love those large electrical connections, I have been looking for some same or similar for a different sort of box i have been building for over a year (I am very slow when it comes to electrical stuff).

Keep up the good work!
This is the box 8x8x4
Got it water cut by a friend with access to some cool toys, however initial plan would have been drill / dremel / jig saw as I did to my old panel and it worked out fine, just a lot more labor intensive.
The big outlets are just L6-30 for the element and a flanged L14-30R for power in. Got them off eBay.
Happy to answer more questions or show more pictures of it if needed. Got her fired up on the 220v over the weekend with the new relay. My site seems to be crashing the browser so ill have to figure that out but I think all the hardware is ready to rock.
IMG_20171231_132514591.jpg

Great idea!!!!! What size did to buy? I would love to try this as a pre chiller to use while whirl-pooling.
Thanks!
Ended up using this one, since it already had the TC fittings on both end and was cheaper out of the gate I figured it would be worth saving some coin, however I think the original pool heater that I linked at the start of the thread would be more efficient and if I wasn't locked into TC fitting land I would have gone with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this has been considered or not but is there any reason you don't just use Craftbeerpi? Seems to be exactly what you would need, instead of reinventing the wheel...

Back