Local brews to try in St. Cloud, MN and Boulder, CO?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth_Malt

Reaction score
I'm going on vacation next month, stopping in St. Cloud, MN so my roommate can see family, then heading out to Steamboat Springs, CO with a stop near Boulder first. I'm looking for some input on local brews in these areas that I should pick up while I'm there.

The stop in St. Cloud is only for one night, but I'll have most of a day to just cruise around and beer shop while the roommate is doing family things. Stopping in Boulder is more of a passing through thing, but we're staying less than 10 minutes away from Steamboat Springs so I should still have access to a store of two.

In boulder:
Avery Brewing-anything from them
boulder beer-hazed and infused
twisted pine- chili beer (can't remember the name)

denver:
epic
river north-wit
blackshirt brewery-anything (all red ales)
dry dock (aurora)-hop abomination, apricot blonde
those are just what come to mind.
*updated with specific beers after re reading you post

Should be able to get surly, steel toe, indeed and lucid in St. Cloud...all good twin cities brews....maybe grab some new glarus in sconny too when you're passing through

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

In boulder:
Avery Brewing-anything from them
boulder beer-hazed and infused
twisted pine- chili beer (can't remember the name)

You're thinking of either Billy's Chillies, a wheat ale with 5 different kinds of pepper, [balanced, delicious], or Ghostface Killa, a really really really spicy beer made with ghost pepper and other super high capsaicin peppers [satan's own anus]. Both are really neat beers which I enjoy greatly, although Ghostface Killa is a real scorcher so watch out.

As suggested above Avery and boulder beer are both awesome. Depending on how much time you have, Fort Collins is only an hour from Boulder (and maybe even on the way depending how you come through CO. A stop there would let you check out New Belgium and Odell, both are excellent.

Boulder Area

Avery: obviously.
Mountain Sun Brew Pub: Great beers, great food.
Upslope: doing some really nice beers.
Asher Brewing Co: These guys come highly recommended by some beer geek buddy's of mine. I have yet to try their beer, but hear good things.
Gravity Brewing: Only had 1 beer from these guys, but it was really well done.
Oskar Blues: just down the road in Longmont, brew pub in Lyons as well, but I would recommend the tasting room in Longmont first.

Get on I-25 and head north. In Loveland Grimm Brothers, Big Beaver and Crow Hops brewing are all good.

Then go on to Fort Collins and I would recommend O'dells, Fort Collins Brewery, and Funkworks. Of course New Belgium is also worth whole.

On your way back to Boulder you can pull off in Windsor and try High Hops. It could be a full day.

Oskar blues and left hand in Longmont, 15 mins from boulder

Wild woods, Avery, upslope in boulder

Latest posts

Back