Liquor laws. Whats up with that?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Q, I if may so so bold as to ask, what did the Westy 12 cost you? I bought two bottles from Belgium for about $53 with shipping. I'm going to do a taste comparison between that and St. Bernardus 12.

Q, I if may so so bold as to ask, what did the Westy 12 cost you? I bought two bottles from Belgium for about $53 with shipping. I'm going to do a taste comparison between that and St. Bernardus 12.

I was amazed. Was only $25. Very fairly priced. I expected it to be much, much more when I asked, which was why I ordered it (had it before a couple times anyway but my mate across the table hadn't, we split it).

We just had a dustup here over something silly. I know I said anything goes in Wisconsin, but that doesn't really apply to the three-tier distribution system.

Anyway, we have a James Beard award-winning chef here. He's also a beer guy and he and some others decided to open a brewery. (Before all of this I was lucky enough to have one of his dishes paired with one of his beers. Freakin awesome.) The suits in Madison told him he couldn't do that because he's a retail license holder and can't also be a producer who sells his own stuff in his own licensed business. He said screw it, I'll set up the brewery in Chicago. Madison promptly found a work-around. Brewery (Like Minds Brewing) opened in Milwaukee on Tuesday.

Latest posts

Back