Lions SUCK!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cause the lions won?? Or are you really sick? If so get well soon.

Not because the Lions won. The Lions deserve the win. I'm sick because my 'Skins seem to be forever bogged in mediocrity. I do not want to take anything away from the Lions because they played well and did not look like a team that had lost 19 straight.

Go Lions. I'll always support the Detroit teams..

But Stafford can still suck my nuts. It was a mistake to draft him, he isn't half the quarterback the press and announcers make him out to be and hopefully we can trade his ass to re-coop some of the 1st pick penalty money we had to pay to get him in the first place before he gets badly hurt because of the piss poor protection the D line offers.

At least he doesn't get much camera time DURING plays, what with the 3 and out all the time.

But Stafford can still suck my nuts. It was a mistake to draft him, he isn't half the quarterback the press and announcers make him out to be and hopefully we can trade his ass to re-coop some of the 1st pick penalty money we had to pay to get him in the first place before he gets badly hurt because of the piss poor protection the D line offers.

At least he doesn't get much camera time DURING plays, what with the 3 and out all the time.

Well, what else were you going to do, draft Mark Sanchez?

Oh, wait a minute... ;)

Funny thing about that win...it was a blackout game so I couldn't even watch it. But yeah, go Lions.

I would not call the skins decent. They looked decent on paper at the start of the season, but that paper has since been used as toilet paper.

Redskins are just... meh. Campbell hasn't been horrible, but he's not that good, he's not winning you games by himself. Portis is only averaging 3.9/carry, he's starting to show some wear and tear. Santana Moss is OK, but he's not a true stud #1 receiver. Cooley's one of the better tight ends in the game, but not a gamebreaker.

They're almost dead-middle as a team on average yards gains and average yards allowed for the season. Not a lot of sacks, only one pick all season. Kinda seem to be missing some playmakers on the defensive side of the ball as well.

So, what are the 'Skins this year? Look like a .500 ballclub, at best, to me, and a team that's ripe for an upset or two.

Bully to the Lions, from all accounts it sounds like they finally started putting some good things together, but it's got to be real discouraging if you're a Redskins fan.

Well, what else were you going to do, draft Mark Sanchez?

Oh, wait a minute... ;)

This is a tired argument. The Jets have a better team than the Lions, period. Put Stafford on the Jets and I'm guessing he has similar numbers to Sanchez'. Put Sanchez on the Lions and I bet that he has similar numbers to Stafford's.

Hell, put Peyton Manning or Tom Brady on the Lions and they'd still be 1-2 at best.

Judging rookie QB's without taking into consideration the talent around them (or lack thereof) is silly. Passing judgment on any rookie QB after 3 games is just ridiculous.

For instance, here are the stats from the first 6 games of the rookie season of a currently active NFL QB. Anyone know who it is?

Player 1

Week 1 - 56.8% (Completion %), 302 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT, 58.6 rating
Week 2 - 64.6%, 188 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT, 51.1 rating
Week 3 - 45.5%, 193 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, 39.3 rating
Week 4 - 59.4%, 309 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT, 63.2 rating
Week 5 - 52.2%, 137 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 66.8 rating
Week 6 - 48.8%, 235 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT, 62.6 rating

Average- 54.5%, 227 yards, 1 TD, 2.3 INT, 56.9 rating

Wait a minute, is 'Brewtus on a Stafford bandwagon now?! ;)

I'm just messing with you, WAY too early to make any assessments about Stafford or to proclaim Sanchez MVP (although watching him have success, albeit in NY green, has given me some measure of validation). Lions, at least, seem to be on the right track at long last.

Wait a minute, is 'Brewtus on a Stafford bandwagon now?! ;)

I'm just messing with you, WAY too early to make any assessments about Stafford or to proclaim Sanchez MVP (although watching him have success, albeit in NY green, has given me some measure of validation). Lions, at least, seem to be on the right track at long last.

Not on the Stafford bandwagon just yet. It's still too early. Despite the 5 picks in the first 2 games I do like what I see from him so far though.

I think that is peyton manning.

Well don't you know how to take the fun right out of my quiz? :D

Yup, it's Manning. He ended up having one of the great rookie QB seasons and obviously a great career, but even future 1st ballot HOF QB's can struggle when they're surrounded by a cast of perennial losers.

Well don't you know how to take the fun right out of my quiz? :D

Yup, it's Manning. He ended up having one of the great rookie QB seasons and obviously a great career, but even future 1st ballot HOF QB's can struggle when they're surrounded by a cast of perennial losers.

Aikmen started out pretty similar too.

at the moment my biggest gripe about stafford is his lack of accuracy on his throws. if he hadn't been short and long all day on the long ball we'd have had a buttload more points. not to mention how many times he threw behind his recievers.

He missed a few throws yesterday, but placement isn't his issue as much as touch. There were at least 3 or 4 throws yesterday that would have been perfect if he would have put a little touch on them instead of burning them in there at mach 4.

I think Detroit should eek out at least 3 wins this year. Good afternoon for the NFC North yesterday

i dont have a problem with mach4 as long as it hits the reciever in the hands or chest but putting it 3ft over their head or 2ft behind or 4ft in front of them makes it almost impossible for them to catch it.

I think Stafford could do well as QB of the Lions. I agree that not all passes require mach 4. Some of Detroit's receiver's problems in the past have been too many too hot passes and too many dropped passes that were on the numbers.

That said, I think he has a real good arm, and maybe once he gets a few game under his belt and gets to know the receivers a bit more, he will be more accurate. He HAS thrown a few real nice tosses.

But D's offense isn't the big problem ATM. They need more consistent Defense. More games played to their entirety. This past week they won the game, but Washington was not too far from catching up and even winning the game. I'm more pleased with Detroit's playcalling and clock management this season so far though. Last couple sometimes had me shaking my head.

Young QBs usually don't have a great sense of when to rip it and when to lay it in easy; if he's any good, he'll get better at that. I wouldn't worry about that in week 3; if he's still throwing everything at Mach 4 next season this time, maybe you start worrying.

Accuracy is more of a concern, but frankly I'm not sure he should be playing this soon anyway. I suppose it may be better for Stafford than for other young, raw players who have come in immediately, since expectations in Detroit are already so low.

I think Stafford will improve. It is up to him, at this point. How will he handle having to give it his all as a losing team for the next few years, at least. If he never gives up, and keeps improving not just his own game, but the team through leadership, he could be great. But that is asking a lot of a kid his age.

Being a Raiders fan I can understand your pain with the Lions. So as I tell my friends I watch football with... yeah I might not win a Superbowl; but neither will their teams.. but at least I'll have a higher draft pick! :)

But also being a Raiders fan I know that will not help the team until Al Davis's robotic evil machine powering his heart and team killing brain loses battery power. Damn I hate my team!

Wishing the Lions a great Thanksgiving game along with death to Dallas!

But also being a Raiders fan I know that will not help the team until Al Davis's robotic evil machine powering his heart and team killing brain loses battery power. Damn I hate my team!

You got that right. That is why I hope Al is around for many, many more years. I love what he has done with the team!:rockin:

I especially like his first round picks... :mug:

And the more wins the lions get the better the outlook of another wasted draft pick by the raiders. I think this year al Davis is going to draft labron James cause he heard he said he could play NFL football. Either that or the top online madden player to be our new
coach cause I. Guessing cable will be gone cause why would we ever give a coach a chance to grow with a team or beat another assistant coach down.

And the more wins the lions get the better the outlook of another wasted draft pick by the raiders. I think this year al Davis is going to draft labron James cause he heard he said he could play NFL football. Either that or the top online madden player to be our new
coach cause I. Guessing cable will be gone cause why would we ever give a coach a chance to grow with a team or beat another assistant coach down.

hey now this is a thread for us to badmouth our lions. go get your own to whine about da raiders.

even though i feel the same since i've rooted for the raiders since the late seventies.

Stafford likely will not play on Thursday. Now what are we going to do?? We can't win without him!! Well, we can't win much with him either, but let's not focus on that fact.

I always though the Lions did pretty good on Turkey Day. I remember them bringing up the intensity and pulling out some wins over some better teams. But I'd heard a lot of people talking about how bad they were on Thanksgiving, so I looked it up. They are about dead even on Thanksgiving. Of course the past couple of years aren't helping.

I'm looking forward to a Thanksgiving game against Green Bay. If there is one team that I especially enjoy watching them play it's GB. Every year I try to get the MIL to plan dinner around the game, but every year we end up sitting down at about 2:00 and missing half the game. This year I believe we are going to use the DVR...

Don't want to miss any interceptions or holding penalties on big gains!

What? Nobody has posted of the dismal performance that the Lions didn't even try to give the fans this week?

I was wrong about Stafford not playing... Or was I...?

How many of you's guys remember the 1971 T-Day game when Alex Karras was picked up by a sideline microphone for uttering, "You ****sucker!".. It cost him $5000 in 1971 dollars.

My brother and I still remember looking at each other at the dinner table and asking, "Did I really just hear that?"

I'm drinking the Founder's Breakfast Stout eriktlupus sent me in the beer exchange and watching the Lions surprise the Cardinals. 4:39 left in the game, this one could go into OT. However it turns out, the Lions played football today. Good to see and great to feel a little like a Michigander with this amazing beer.

And the Lions just tied it up!

Ah.... A perfect Lions game after all. What more could you ask of them, then what they give you week in and week out.

Seriously, I did not get to watch this as I took my wife shopping for her birthday (5+ hours of shopping...) However, I did read about it and it sounded like they actually played some ball at some point!

Latest posts

Back