Lions SUCK!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Lions are expected to announce new uniforms and a new logo for this season. The team is being quiet about the changes and officially has no comment on the issue.

Here are some mock ups from a guy who has done work for the Ford family in the past:

CJ.jpg

lion.jpg

helmetuniforms.jpg

jerseyoptions.jpg

This is certainly coming though. Everything at detroitlionsstore.com is drastically reduced. Some stuff by as much as 80%. Even when you suck as bad as the Lions do, you don't have a sale like this unless you're trying to clear inventory to bring in new stuff.

I've never seen a uniform more appropriate that the Lions' throwbacks, the plain blue and silver ones. Couldn't have said "Semi-Pro" any more than they did!

I've never seen a uniform more appropriate that the Lions' throwbacks, the plain blue and silver ones. Couldn't have said "Semi-Pro" any more than they did!

I want to say something witty as a retort to this statement, but nothing comes to mind...

Oh wait, they won me some beer from YOU. ;)

Technically, a single win next year is an infinate improvement; you can't divide by zero.

Just think, there's no team in the league with more potential for improvement!

Here are the new uniform and logo changes. They're quite subtle. I like the ones that I posted earlier much more.

resize.jpg

I saw the leaked photo on freep.com. Good thing the splash in the background is not part of the logo!

I am not a fan of the font, although I didn't care for the old one either.

Well, it's maybe slightly better than the old one and the improvements on the graphic are nice.

I agree with Ohiobrewtus, the logo on page 29 and uni's are way better. That logo at least looks more modern, where the old lion with a few white lines is pretty pathetic. I hope they are going to try harder on the field than they did on the "new" logo and jerseys.

Before last season, I bought a Lions hat at a garage sale for 50c -- thought I got a great deal. After the season, I felt like I was ripped off. And now I need one with a new logo at $20 retail? Sure.

Before last season, I bought a Lions hat at a garage sale for 50c -- thought I got a great deal. After the season, I felt like I was ripped off. And now I need one with a new logo at $20 retail? Sure.

Nah, ya hold on to the "old school" hat so noone mistakes you for a bandwagon fan.:D

The new logo is a joke.
If that is in fact, the new logo. (It still hasn't been confirmed)..

The text "Lions" is retarded looking.

I like the fact that they've added some accents to the lion, but come on.
This team needs aggression. They need an aggressive logo too. "Bubbles" just isn't doing it anymore.

Bubbles. Ugh.

i think i'd make the same arguments as to why we shouldn't draft a QB this year or next maybe(unless mccoy or someone of that caliber falls in our lap of course).

Ohiobrewtus,

I was looking at my "referral links" on the DraftTek blog this morning and saw this. I have to thank you for not only linking my article but also the kind words.

Schottey

Hey, do you make beer too? Because I already declared Ohiobrewtus the smartest football guy in the room that brews.

I can change my mind.

;)

Hey, do you make beer too? Because I already declared Ohiobrewtus the smartest football guy in the room that brews.

I can change my mind.

;)

Sadly, I do not. I do love beer and have had a fair share of home-brewed beer. I live in Minnesota in a small brewing community though with about 50 crappy micro brews at every gas station. I miss Michigan beers.

Ohiobrewtus,

I was looking at my "referral links" on the DraftTek blog this morning and saw this. I have to thank you for not only linking my article but also the kind words.

Schottey

You're quite welcome. I read that this morning and it has everything dead on. I check drafttek.com daily to see changes. It's one of, if not the best draft related sites out there.

Oh, and put Josh Freeman on your don't draft list in the 2nd. The Lions don't need Culpepper Jr. They're going to suck again this year so they'll have their pick of Bradford, McCoy or Sneed next year. :mug:

Sadly, I do not. I do love beer and have had a fair share of home-brewed beer. I live in Minnesota in a small brewing community though with about 50 crappy micro brews at every gas station. I miss Michigan beers.

Sweet... so my title is safe.

We're no drafttek.com, but we did a mock of our own that's wrapping up now if you want to take a look at it.

I, of course, did not take Stafford for the Lions at #1. I'm with you on Curry for all the reasons that you state in your article. It's like you stole that right out of my mind. :D

You're quite welcome. I read that this morning and it has everything dead on. I check drafttek.com daily to see changes. It's one of, if not the best draft related sites out there.

Oh, and put Josh Freeman on your don't draft list in the 2nd. The Lions don't need Culpepper Jr. They're going to suck again this year so they'll have their pick of Bradford, McCoy or Sneed next year. :mug:

Sweet... so my title is safe.

We're no drafttek.com, but we did a mock of our own that's wrapping up now if you want to take a look at it.

I, of course, did not take Stafford for the Lions at #1. I'm with you on Curry for all the reasons that you state in your article. It's like you stole that right out of my mind. :D

In the same respect, Drafttek.com is no Home Brew. The site is "based" in Alameda, CA so I can only assume that wine would be the drink de'jour at DraftTek HQ.

@ Freeman: I don't like him either but he was someone the Lions "kicked the tires" with and (although I don't think its viable he slips to the 2nd) if he's there at #33 I think he'd be BPA.

My motto has always been...pick the best player at a position of need. Period. Don't let talent outweigh need or need outweigh talent. Its a combination. Freeman @20 would be need overcoming talent (as would Stafford @1) at #33 I like the pick.

I personally would like to see both #20 and #33 traded in order to pick up a bevy of picks in rounds 2-5 and future considerations.

@Your mock draft: Just considering the Lions, obviously I love the Curry pick. Vontae Davis I think I would get behind but he has question marks. I don't know enough about our secondary coaches but Davis is definitely a guy who is raw. I do love me some Ziggy Hood though, I think he's going to be a great player.

In the same respect, Drafttek.com is no Home Brew. The site is "based" in Alameda, CA so I can only assume that wine would be the drink de'jour at DraftTek HQ.

@ Freeman: I don't like him either but he was someone the Lions "kicked the tires" with and (although I don't think its viable he slips to the 2nd) if he's there at #33 I think he'd be BPA.

He'd certainly be considered, but do you think there's more value in Freeman at #33 or shoring up the defense with a guy like Alphonso Smith or Ron Brace? (looking at today's version of the dt mock)

My motto has always been...pick the best player at a position of need. Period. Don't let talent outweigh need or need outweigh talent. Its a combination. Freeman @20 would be need overcoming talent (as would Stafford @1) at #33 I like the pick.

I personally would like to see both #20 and #33 traded in order to pick up a bevy of picks in rounds 2-5 and future considerations.

This is ideal. Depending on how the board falls, I think that it's entirely possible that someone want to jump up to #20. I also think that they could be in prime position to trade out of #65 when day 2 kicks off. There's always someone who slips to day 2 that shouldn't.

@Your mock draft: Just considering the Lions, obviously I love the Curry pick. Vontae Davis I think I would get behind but he has question marks. I don't know enough about our secondary coaches but Davis is definitely a guy who is raw. I do love me some Ziggy Hood though, I think he's going to be a great player.

Thanks for taking a look at our mock, and let's hope that Mayhew doesn't freaking draft Stafford.

Back