Light film after bottleing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkenbergcn

Reaction score
I have noticed that after I bottle my wine after a few months I have a very slight film that forms on the bottom of my bottles. Is this normal and if not deos it hurt the wine in anyway?

What kind of film? I assume that it's just lees, and that bottling is too soon. Most infections that have film go form on the top.

If you are bottling before the wine is perfectly clear, and no longer dropping lees for at least 60 days, you will have sediment in the bottom of the bottles.

I was assuming it was just lees, but like I said the wine looks very clear at bottling. Maybe I am just bottling it too soon. I guess I am a little impatient - I just want to try out my wine. :) Will, the lees hurt my wine that's bottled so far?

I've thought stuff was clear before,and still had lees form at the bottom. I could read through it,so I thought it was done....what little did I know.

And if it's like the amount in my bottles,I'd think not. Not as visually appealing,but oh well.

its hard to get zero sediment in your bottles without a wine filter, i know what you mean, ive racked wine until nothing goes to the bottom and a couple months later there will be a very small amount of sediment in the bottles....

Latest posts

Back