Light and fan in chest freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odh2507

Reaction score
So i have this idea of a computer fan and some leds for lighting in my kegerator. Possibly just running off a 9 volt battery or something like that.

Has anyone done this or seen a thread on it? If you cant use a battery how do u give it power? Im no electrician but its gotta be possible with parts from radioshack right??

I run 4 small computer fans for cooling and airflow. They run off 12v DC. I've used a small AC/DC transformer from some old piece of electronics gear I no longer use or remember. You probably have half a dozen of these little cubes around your hose. I connected the outlet prongs directly to the power lines that run the compressor, and split the output four ways to connect to the fans. When the compressor kicks on, the fans do as well.

You could also wire it up before the switch that controls the compressor, or simply plug the transformer into the wall, and your fans or lights would be on all the time.

Back