Life & Limb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeal

Reaction score
Has anybody else had this blessing to the world of beer. It is a collaboration between Dogfish Head and Sierra Nevada breweries. I think it is amazing how Craft breweries will work with their competitors to make something the consumers can enjoy.

Side note anyone have a clone?

Never had it, but if I did then the info here would help me get started on a clone.

Craft brewers get together to help defeat the big BMC brewers - I'm all for that.

I've had 2 so far, one fresh out of the case, one aged about 2 1/2 months. Can't say I was blown out of my socks by either, but both were pleasant and surprisingly different than the "norm". The aged one seemed a bit dulled-out compared to the fresher version, which had more of a sweet emphasis.

Sidenote: I've noticed that with some of the SN stuff that uses their estate-grown hops (i.e. the "wet" hops), the end result seems to taper off in terms of bitterness far quicker than the average Torpedo IPA or Pale...just a thought.

I've had it once. It was definitely different. It wasn't bad, but it didn't thrill me either. I did get the feeling that I just didn't "get it," so to speak. I'm not against trying it again, but the price may dissuade me. My fiancee, though, really liked it. Can't say I've seen a clone anywhere, sorry.

Back