lets share hangover cures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you're in real bad shape drink pedialyte which is like gatorade on steroids...

Agreed! If im going for a marathon all day drunk I drink water in between beers and usually never have a hangover. Buf for those days that I do, Pedialyte works like a charm.

You people and your greasy cures. Yuck. I drink lots of water, and once my stomach can handle it, I go for a great big deli sub sandwich. Something big and bready that will sink like a rock and stay there.

i remember something from an old skateboarding mag about a hangover cure that involved a ketchup and butter sandwich. i've never tried it but i think it would definately make something happen, better or worse.

I haven't had a hangover in a long time but i think the best cure is to start drinking again, or never stop. It really does work. You just need to mix in some gatorade or vitamin water to keep from completely dehydrating.

A lesson learned from my old bartending days ... a big glass of water with a couple of Advil before bed, water everytime you get up to pee in the middle of the night (IF you get up, that is), wash down a couple more Advil with Gatorade when you get up, and follow that up with a couple of bananas (pottasium !!!)

Of course, in those days, all of that would be interspersed with a wee bit of Columbia's finest. Can't get away with that these days (damn random testing !!!)

Anything that looks like this can't be beat:
View attachment 5677

I can't believe this has already been said!!! That is my cure too. Here, it's pretty easy to find so I don't really have to drive to eat one.

The best would be to make my own but... when you're hangover, that's the last thing you want to do!!!

God bless the poutine!

Chug as much water as you can before you crash and maybe also take an aspirin. Chug some more if you wake up during the night and repeat when you wake. Eat the greasiest sausage mcmuffin or equally bad for you breakfast sandwich and a cup of coffee. Or some hair of the dog and have a bloody mary.:cross:

Please please PLEASE stop taking pain relievers while drunk! Acetaminophen (Tylenol) is metabolized by the liver and the combination of alcohol and acetaminophen can cause your liver to release a toxic metabolite. Alcohol mixed with acetaminophen is very dangerous and can do serious damage to your liver. Tylenol was recently forced to include warnings on its packaging telling its users not to mix it with alcohol. Ibuprofen is metabolized by your liver as well.

Okay, I was thinking about saying something, but held off not seeing anything about tylenol or excedrin... That said, he's right. Tylenol and alcohol are so bad of a mix that they make a pretty effective method of suicide--trust me if you are thinking about it there are far better ways to go... That said, it's not such a concern with advil (ibuprofen). Your main risks with ibu are stomach or intestinal bleeding...which is why i typically avoid that one as well...

This is really taking off. Keep em coming. Maybe needs a sticky :)

My favourite is the hangover cure devised by Lemuel Benedict in 1894: A poached egg and a slice of ham on an english muffin, all drowned in Hollandaise.

Mind you, Eggs Benedict doesn't do a thing for your headache, but after a night of drinking I usually have more of an "urge to make hollandaise" than a "headache", so it works perfectly for me.

It's been said but the number one way to cure a hangover or any nausea is:

marijuana02.jpg

Gatoraid & V8! Works like a charm.

If the hangover is really bad, turn the V8 in to a Bloody Mary (not recommended on work days).

My favourite is the hangover cure devised by Lemuel Benedict in 1894: A poached egg and a slice of ham on an english muffin, all drowned in Hollandaise.

Mind you, Eggs Benedict doesn't do a thing for your headache, but after a night of drinking I usually have more of an "urge to make hollandaise" than a "headache", so it works perfectly for me.

That's funny, I have an urge to make hollandaise every morning:)

lots of fruit helps me

this stuff works like a charm
5_hour_energy_shot-200-200.jpg

The 5 hour energy has like 8000% of VB12
A big jamba juice with there different energy boost works great

Its gross but A shot of wheat grass works great to, I get them at the local jamba juice

now if I really hit it hard and am super hungover all of these work a little but your still going to feel the effects

A lot of water and a meal before bed helps the best

I drink a full bottle of orange Pedialyte when I am really bad off.

I became a believer when I went to an Irish Catholic wedding, and had to cook for my step-sons second birthday party the next day. Worked like a charm.

For me, a big greasy breakfast and lots of water. I never drink early on hungover days, that's just a bad move in my opinion.

Anybody ever see Cocktail?

Red Eye:
1 part Tomato Juice
1 Part Miler Genuine Draft
1 Egg
2 Asprine

Cocklin's Law Beer is for Breakfast, drink or be gone...

Best cure comes before you even hit the pillow.

Several times last year (the year after college, when you're still living with four other guys in a 2 bedroom apartment paying for rent/booze with left over loan money) the bottle got the best of me. Half a bottle (1.75L baby!) of Jim Beam one night and I was literally unable to stand up. So I crawled into the kitchen and fried myself four eggs while on my knees and falling over, dropping the spatula several times, burnt four slices of sprouted grain toast very badly, and washed it all down with a half a gallon of water. Went to bed about an hour (and like, three coors light cans to top off the night) later. Woke up the next morning and felt like a million bucks.

I was literally cooking breakfast for everyone else who was sleeping on the floor/couches with incredible hangovers. I had a bunch of bruises and scrapes/cuts that I didn't have the day before, but I never even thought about puking and hell, I even went and got a six pack of SN Pale later that day.

Back