Lee Carvallo's Brewing Challenge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace_Club

Reaction score
For some reason, Bensiff's quote, "It seems like a right of passage to brew something big right out of the starting gate for new brewers, now all you need is a bottle bomb and you will be official" from a separate thread got me thinking about beginning homebrewers. For some reason it just seemed to fit well in the context of Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge from The Simpsons.

Lee: Welcome to Lee Carvallo's Brewing Challenge. I am Carvallo. Now, choose a beer.

["beep"]

You have chosen a Russian Imperial Stout. May I suggest a Pale Ale?

["beep"]

Russian Imperial Stout. Now enter the fermentation time. I suggest 4 to 8 weeks.

["beep beep beep"]

You have entered 10 days. Now, bottle your beer.

["beep beep beep"]

Bottles have: exploded. Would you like to brew again?

Bonestorm_FIN.jpg

LOL. Seems fitting. My first kit was a NB Bavarian Dunkel Lager. When I brewed it, I "learned as I went". Scavaging to find the right temp in my basement for primary, then for diacetyl rest, the for space in the fridge to lager it, and so on. Did not know what I was doing AT ALL but just kept reading and messing around. It turned out pretty well in the end, but there's a reason I still have not brewed a lager since then. Now that I have some fermentation temp control I have been toying with the idea of doing another couple lagers, but man, I have some scar tissue to overcome! (no bottle bombs to this day, though)

http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/bavarian-dunkel-extract-kit-2.html

Latest posts

Back