Leaking Draft Sysytem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucktown1860

Reaction score
I am recycling a Coors Home Draft Sysytem. Everytime I screw the Co2 cylinder the gas escapes. I've seen tis done on youtube before and it does not leak. I'm using 16 gram Co2 tubes. What am I doing wrong?

Have any photos of your set up and have you identified exactly where the gas is coming out?

Mine did this too when I repurposed it. I fixed it by wrapping a couple of layers of teflon pipe thread tape around the neck/shoulder of the CO2 cartridge. This seemed to make it seal better against the rubber washer thing around the needle.

It seems to be a bit of a trick to find cartridges that are the exact right shape to seal properly on their own. The ones I got seemed to have a bit more of a taper than the one it came with, so the needle would pierce the cartridge before it completely sealed. The pipe tape bulked up the shoulder of the cartridge enough that it stopped the leaking.

Thanks Troub. I will try that. What is odd is when held side by side they look the same size. On yotube the videos never show that happening and I used 16gram as instructed.

I am having a similar problem with mine. It will not puncture the cartrige. I was considering buying an actual Tap-a-draft but now I am wondering if it will have the same problem. I don't want it if the cartriges from my local HBS won't work.

Back