Leaded Beer, a Horror Story

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Children’s lead exposure is linked to crime, according to the Wisconsin State Journal, February 7, 1996. " Researchers using a new test that looks for lead in the bones instead of the blood say exposure to the toxic metal may contribute to crime and anti-social behavior in children.".

I think this might explain the neighbors.

Here is the cure

step 1) remove the BBs from the beer

step 2) determine if they are in fact lead

step 3) load BB gun

step 4) shoot neighbors in the @$$ for not raising their child better.

step 5) enjoy your homebrew

Or..... you could send me a bottle and I'll titrate out the exact % ppb for you in my chem lab. And once it's fine, I'll drink it and critique your brewing skills for free as well.

But let me know in all seriousness I can test it for you. Off the shelf test kits are pretty low in the precision department.

O'Haggerty,

That's tempting. I could bottle some into an old whitelabs yeast vial and ship it. In fact, that'd be excellent.

If you're really offering, then I'm accepting.

PM your address, ya?

~Mike

I'm fairly certain that over the years I've swallowed more than 8 lead pellets from pheasants I've shot. You'll be ok.

Just like Engineer said, growing up shooting and eating alot of quail I remember culling the lead pellets out as I ate, that the other half got went on down. Don't sweat it just don't make it a habbit.

git_dr1 said:
If you found the pellets I wouldn't sweat it. We have cooked small game for years that have been taken with a shotgun. You can never get all the shot when cleaning the animals. We always find a bb or two after cooking it.

Back in the day when my brain was bring damaged they were lead. Aren't they now antimony or something else? I may be way off...like I said my brain is damaged.

Back in the day when my brain was bring damaged they were lead. Aren't they now antimony or something else? I may be way off...like I said my brain is damaged.

Antimony is added to make the bb's harder but the majority of the bb's are still mostly lead.

Back