Lazy man Red, thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demus

Reaction score
I've been too busy lately to brew and my beer supply light is on E! I generally brew 7 gallon all grain batches in my garage which is about a 5-6 hour brew day. So here's my idea for a short brew day beer inspired by Hop Head Red by Green Flash. I'm not trying to clone it, just make a super simple, short brew day beer that's tasty. Here's what I have:

2 3.3# cans breiss pilsner LME
1# Cara ruby to steep
0-3 ounces de-bittered chocolate malt to proper color (want a nice deep red)
3-5 ounces Citra pellets
1 satchel US05

Planning a short :30 boil for a "hop bursted" effect and to save time. Plus I have plenty of Citra on hand so I'm not concerned with hop utilization. Batch size will be whatever gets me to 1.070-ish with the above ingredients, probably about 4 gallons. The smaller batch will save me time chilling as well. I'm hoping to go from firing the kettle to pitching in 3 hours or less. Thoughts? Ever tried anything similar?

So no one with thoughts on going from all-grain back to extract with steeped grain for convenience?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

:mug:It should work I don't know nothing about hop bursting, the boil is not the issue can you cool it would be my concern.:mug:

Latest posts

Back