Lazy brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to a local craft brewery (Long Ireland) the other night and was chatting with the brewmasters. They have a Breakfast Stout that is out of this world. I tasted heavy coffee notes and asked how they did it. They added Kenyan coffee beans to the secondary. It is a cream stout with coffee, 3.75% ABV and 30 IBU's.

They also told me that they make pancakes with it instead of water. I made waffles instead. Good stuff!

Instead of dry hopping you can be dry beaning!

You can add flavor to a porter or a stout BB Kit by adding more chocolate malt or roasted barley, you can add/change hops or use a different yeast. But at this point you might as well create your own extract recipe from scratch or brew a new extract recipe from a book, magazine or the internet.

Instead of brewers best buy kits from Austin Homebrew. There is nothing wrong with kits but you can step up into better kits.

Back