Lawless keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawless317

Reaction score
So I have been SLOWLY creating a larger keezer for myself.
My old one only has room for 4 sixtels and it will become my fermentation chamber
My new freezer (free)View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1465160660.816168.jpgwill fit 8 sixtels without a collar View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1465160811.616811.jpg
Or 7 and my co2 tank and room on hump for whatnot
I scored a nice tower on fleabayView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1465160717.792023.jpg(as it was on eBay photo)View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1465160751.040853.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1465160779.559108.jpg(all cleaned up)
I decided to scrap the original freezer lid View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1465160912.941537.jpg
And scored a drip pan on fleabay also
(I might not bolt down the drip pan. And just leave it freestanding on rubber feet)View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1465160969.745678.jpg
I'm staining the top now View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1465161006.935966.jpg
I still have to order the bar rail online that I cut too specs to
Polyurethane top and rail
Build a base with casters and two pipes through to boot bike tires to so it can traverse from my garage through my lawn like a rickshaw
And either vinyl wrap or paint actual chest freezer
And add some kind of hood struts to assist in lifting the Bartop
It's a work in slow progress but my other house work gets in the way

Well I did a little work today
I built the platform for the base and attached the casters I had
Got the freezer on top with 7 kegs in it
Try pushing and one caster breaks hah
Guess I need beefier casters
Well I wasn't going anywhere else so I decided to use the hole saw and dry mount the tower for a test fit
Waiting for bar rail to come in the mail then stain the rail and poly the whole topView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1466894585.352220.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1466894617.518838.jpg
Haven't decided to stain the bar rail the same or different from the top
Also haven't decided to paint the actual freezer and make a frame around it
Or to encase the whole freezer in wood (would that make it too hot?)
Slowly but surely

looks awesome! I can't wait to see it with the varnish. That thing will really pop....well it won't pop like that Glock 19?? Just guessing.

Decided on another coat of stain on top after final sanding View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1468355920.766284.jpg
So tomorrow morning is the first coat or spar urethane cut with thinner on first coat or two
I only get like 15 minutes at a clip to work on it
Last night was after Bronx zoo with kids
And today was after museum of natural history wth kids
Tomorrow I'll do a coat before mowing

Looks great!

Seriously though, keep an eye on those stout faucets. They seem to have a mind of their own and keep changing position/orientation from pic to pic... Crazy buggers.

Awesome tower. Now I know how mine will look when I get it built. I'd cover the lower unit with reclaimed barn siding to complete the retro look of the tower, but, that's just me.

I haven't decided on wood or corrugated metal or whatever for bottom and then what to do bar step or actual step?
You have the same tower greywolf?

no, I dont have a tower as cool as yours. I have this idea running thru my mind involving vintage hubcaps, arranged just like your tower. Sometimes you need to see a few designs to help it gel. Keep going with it, looking great.

Oh.
I would have given you all the part numbers for replacement shanks etc if you had tower
Can't use ordinary shanks
And I scored my tower for I think 60 ish bucks on fleabay

Could be final coat
I changed my mind and went semi gloss for last two coats
And I kept getting brush strokes in finish no matter what do I did spray finish for last two coatsView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1468617792.315593.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1468617805.497179.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1468617858.205972.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1468617918.336950.jpg
It looks good to me but I've been drinking and breathing in paint fumes in a closed garage for a bit
So be honest

Got the drip edge bent outta white aluminum for now
I'll get a piece of stainless maybe or just scuff up he aluminum
I like the idea of replacing the drip edge now and then
All 6 tapped and foam issues are gone
Pouring perfectly
Have two intertaps in mail coming
Gonna slowly Swap all intertaps in if they work well for me

They are pin decks from bowling lanes
They are not real wood they are some crazy hard material tho
I was gonna make tables or a bar floor
I might just slice em down the middle and make a workbench / bar counter for garage where keezer is
Or I'll just give em to people who want em
My dad wants one or two maybe
I haven't decided if the hassle is worth it

Great job on that keezer. Messy garage = chit gettin done. Looks like a great place to hang for a cold one after a long day.

Like the glass too, where did you get it if you don't mind me asking?

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1472427830.960775.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1472427863.602800.jpg
Cleaned half the garage and placed the bar where it should remain
Unless I move it to the yard for a party or something
Still not wrapped (waiting on the free galavanized)
My old keezer seems to have **** the bed
I was going to use it for a ferm chamber but it stopped working during a lager ferment
I need to take down the hockey stick ski rack and hang the dartboard. Somewhere but that placement in my garage is good as any and still allows for plenty of room for the truck on that side of the garage

Why not use those awesome chunks of bowling alley to wrap the bottom of the freezer (leave space for cooling). That would look bad ass!

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1502836725.296997.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1502836745.782423.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1502836785.399925.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1502836874.221587.jpg
Almost done and now I'm taking a break from brewing for a bit and putting the back counters on hold
Letting the taps run dry
Still keeping the setup I think
The kids like sitting at it eating pretzels watching tv
I'm debating on selling off but not sure yet
Any opinions?

Back