Last batch of smoked jerky, Cheese and nuts.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanadianBacon

Reaction score
Just noticed this forum had a smoker meat section, I have been smoking for about 6 + years, I learnt a very nice native lady how to smoke salmon and have smoked just about everything since.

IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

awesome! Care to share the jerky recipe? :D
I just smoked my own jerky for the first time last week, turned out good but abit salty. I also need to use a blanket like you did next time It was alittl cold outside without it.

awesome! Care to share the jerky recipe? :D
I just smoked my own jerky for the first time last week, turned out good but abit salty. I also need to use a blanket like you did next time It was alittl cold outside without it.

The cheese is mozzarella, awsome stuff when smoked and lots of flavor.

The jerky recipie is 1/2 cup soy sauce and 1/2 cup worcestershire sauce with 3 tps of brown sugar ...The salt content in both makes it so you don't need any added salt, I let maranade for 2-3 days then i dust on black pepper and cayan the day i smoke.

Do you do anything special to smoke the Cashews?

I've done smoked almonds before. The almonds were soaked in salt water overnight before smoking. Turned out pretty good.

Do you do anything special to smoke the Cashews?

I've done smoked almonds before. The almonds were soaked in salt water overnight before smoking. Turned out pretty good.

I melt unsalted butter let it cool and coat the nuts in the butter and egg whites in a bowl then throw in my spices. I really like abit of cinnamon in there too. I find that cashews stay soft for afew days after smoking, they somtimes lose all crunchyness if smoked.

Back