Lancaster/Reading/Allentown PA grain group buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking over the list again, I'd be willing to split a sack of Vienna and maybe a 1/3 or 1/4of some crystal 60 if anyone is interested. Also, there is still a 1/3 sack of Crystal 120 up for grabs.
tom

Looking over the list again, I'd be willing to split a sack of Vienna and maybe a 1/3 or 1/4of some crystal 60 if anyone is interested. Also, there is still a 1/3 sack of Crystal 120 up for grabs.
tom

I'll take a sack of

BZ-PILS

I'll also split the vienna with you, if that's still available.

You got it bud, and the Vienna is still available. What type of Vienna do you want? Doesn't matter to me. thanks for the order!
Tom

If anyone out there in the Pittsburgh area wants to jump in on this, I'm sure I could fit a couple extra bags in my car....little honda civic though, so just a few!!

Thanks Tom, if you don't mind possibly having to hold onto those sacks a couple weeks, I'm definitely in.

Hey Tom,

I was just looking at the pickup spot and realized that it is about twice as far for me to go there as it is to get to Fleetwood. If this all goes down is there any chance I could pick up somewhere near you in Fleetwood instead of all the way up in Lehighton??

Yeah definitely bud! I was planning to bring your goods home with me and you can just pick it all up in fleetwood. As long as your not getting 10 sacks, I should be able to get yours and mine in my truck!
tom

Tom,

If you've still got room, I'd be down for:
1 x BD-MOPA Maris Otter
1 x BZ-WHT Pale Wheat
3 x CM-2ROW Canadian 2-Row

-Jason

We have plenty of room yet! With your order, as long as my math is correct, we have 30 2/3 sacks. Still need someone for the last 1/3 of caramel 120.
tom

Tom,

Great effort on group purchase from NC!

I was interested in joining the purchase, but when I saw the pick-up location and checked the map, it's just a tad too far for me. I'm just south of the city of Lancaster, PA. If the pick-up was in the general Reading area, it would be no problemo.

I would be interested in 2-3 sacks of CM-2ROW, and maybe a BZ-CRM"1", but when I check out the mileage, and gas cost and time to Lehighton I'm not sure it would prudent for me.

North Country Malt has served me well on single sack orders, about $58.00 a sack of 2-row delivered to my door via fedex. NO, not the best price, but better than the LHBS's.

If the pick-up point changes, I might jump in for 2-4 sacks.

Jeff

Hey Jeff! How is a pick up in Fleetwood, or just Northeast of Reading? Thats where I live and I'd be happy to bring your grains back for you. If thats still too far, maybe someone who is in on the buy already is closer and wouldn't mind hauling them for you.
Tom

Tom -- That's perfect!! Thanks so much.

Jeff -- If fleetwood is still too far for you I am in Denver, literally less than 2 miles off of the Denver/PA Turnpike exit on 222.

hey you guys look like your getting pretty close.

Old Fart there is a guy from the Dover PA area that wanted to get in on the buy Maybe he can haul your sacks for a couple bucks gas money and you both get in.
You will be way under 58 a sack of cm 2row delivered. When you hit a full pallet your price point will be >2000lb

that would make a 55 pound sack of cm 2row with delivery around 27-28 bucks you can buy two for the price of one that your buying at now. some bucks to the dude in dover and you are golden.

Cleared oldbrew, sorry about that. For everyone that has ordered so far, where are you all from? If there are some people that are in the Philly area that feel it is too far to drive but someone in Pottstown is in on the buy, maybe we could work together to get the grains out to each other. Just a thought.
Tom

I'm in Quakertown Tom. I Don't mind using my house as a drop off and pickup point.

Good to hear guys! I amyself am from Fleetwood, which is just outside Reading. I have no problems holding anyone's order for them. Were currently sitting at 33 2/3 sacks and only need a few more to fill that pallet up! I'm currently looking into other shipping locations. When I find the ones that are local, I will post them up and see how close everyone is to them and which one will work the best for everyone. From there we can figure out the "hand-offs" and such.
Tom

Hi Tom,

I'm in if there is still room on the order.

I will be able to pick up as long as it is no further than Lehighton, PA. Thanks for the offer to pick up, that is very kind of you.

My order is : "4" CM-2Row.

My Best to all,

Jeff Spencer

I'm from Dover, Pa (VERY close to York) and am looking at a 2 hr 15 min ride each way to your location. Is anyone from Lancaster (or even York) in this that wouldn't mind picking up for me? I was only looking at one 55 sack of 2 row. Let me know.

Steve

I'd like to get in on this too.

BD-MOPA qty 1 pre-crushed
GB-PALE qty 1 pre-crushed

I have access to a public warehouse in Bethlehem (West Side Warehouse, 1501 Gary St., Bethlehem, PA 18018) which is a heck of a lot closer than Lehighton. I have spoken to the manager there and he said he would accept the delivery without having to open an account. If we could schedule the delivery to be done on a Friday and everyone could pick up on a Saturday, since I don't work on Saturday's, I could be there to open/close the warehouse and not take off work.
Also, if each person coming to pick up were to bring a bottle of your homebrew I think that would go a long way at possibly securing this location for possible future purchases.

If this purchase does go through I'll send you a PM with the name to use for the delivery.

You are added to the order sir! That would be great to get the delivery in bethlehem as long as the shipping company's NCM uses will deliver there. I will have to do some research on that. Thanks for looking into this possibility!
Tom

I'll take a sack of BZ WHT on top of my order. Should only need another sack and 1/3 for the order.

I posted on here this morning and for some reason it didn't "stick". Anyway, I added an additional sack to my order as well so right now we only need the 1/3 sack of caramel 120 and we can wrap this thing up!
tom

Don't really have any need for the 120, but if anyone wants to go in on a bag of wheat I wouldn't mind splitting one in half or thirds with 1 or 2 folks.

Actually . . . I think I just talked myself out of splitting the sack and will keep the whole thing for myself. . .so I think that fills up the pallet!!!!

Tom, Please sign me up for 1 BZ-WHT in addition to the other 4 sacks you already have me down for.

Thanks!!

You got it bud! I forget who I was supposed to split the 120 with, but I hope its not a big deal for you if we don't order it. I will update the thread tonight and work on getting order confirmations etc. also.
Tom

Okay, front page is updated. PLEASE look at your name and order to make sure it is correct. If it is, let me know in this thread. If it is not, let me know and I will change it. The numbers on the front page are the numbers I am ordering so if they are wrong and you confirm your order that way, that is what you will be recieiving. When everyone is confirmed I will call NCM to get an official total and we will go from there. thanks guys!
Tom

Tom, consider my order confirmed! How does the payment work anyway? Do we all send you the money? Never have done a bulk grain buy before...

You can either PayPal me the money (fastest), send me a money order, or as a last result cash/personal check. All payments will have to clear before the order is made, this is why PayPal is the fastest. You are updated my friend!
Tom

Latest posts

Back