Lallemand London: It was done. And then...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexKay

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
chart-4.png

Not really a question, just sharing my befuddlement.

Gravity was constant for 10 days.

I had mashed on the hot side (157 F) and gotten a 50% attenuation and was pleased that I'd have a lower-alcohol, higher-body beer. Now it's at 70% attenuation and still going down.

I suppose a diastatic yeast could have gotten in there somewhere. Or that it's Tilt weirdness. I'm going to wait until it stops and keg it. It'll turn out how it turns out.

That's a documented characteristic of this yeast. Think Lallemand used to call it ESB so you might find more information searching that name.

I experienced the exact same situation when making a Brown Ale. Stopped at around 1.019, then 2 weeks later it started up again and finished at 1.009.

Probably a mix of two yeasts in the one culture? When one ends the other finishes up. I suspect a yeast that does not munch the Maltoriose and one that does classic would be something like a Notty and Windsor mix . The Windsor cannot ferment the maltotiose but the Notty will.

Back