Lagtime

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a pretty long time. Knowing your pitch rate, temperature, and initial gravity may help diagnose the cause.

Temp was about 70-75 degrees, 0.056 and it was dry yeast. I pitched it on Monday around 5pm est.

This was my first post....

I recently bought the Rogue Dead Guy Ale beer kit by Brewcraft USA. The kit said it didn't come with the 1764 Pacmans yeast. I opened the kit and there was dry yeast in the kit. I inspected the ingredient chart and sure enough it included a dry ale yeast but not the Pacmans yeast. I read the directions and it said that you could use the dry with the kit but it recommends the Pacmans. I opted for the dry yeast that was in the kit. I pitched it at below 80 degrees and it's been more than 48 hours and no sign of fermentation at all. What should I do? I went ahead and ordered the Pacmans yeast but it won't be here for another 6 days. Will this be ok or is the batch done?

It's now been more than 72 hours with no fermentation action going on.

Can't believe it but I just got home from work and it's minimal bubbling but it's there. Thanks guys!!

Latest posts

Back