Lagering Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

289tiger

Reaction score
Just moved a Raspberry Lager from the secondary to a corny keg for lagering. It spent about 10 days in the primary (58 degrees); 3 weeks in the secondary prior to kegging (36 degrees). Was planning to let it rest for a few more weeks in the keg (36 degrees) before tapping. I purged the keg of 02 before kegging and put about 12 lbs in the keg to seal it up.

Should I keep it under pressure to carbonate the entire 3 weeks or leave it without the C02 on. Or - does it not really matter?

You can do either, both are fine. However, if you hook it up to the gas, it will be nice and carbonated after u let it sit for the few extra weeks u want to

You can do either, both are fine. However, if you hook it up to the gas, it will be nice and carbonated after u let it sit for the few extra weeks u want to

Thanks. Think I'll go ahead and carbonate (will make it easier to sample from time to time :cross:

Back