Label Peelers pre order...anyone get em yet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitehause

Reaction score
Just like the title says....anyone get their label peelers pre-order? it's going on 2 months now and nothing yet....I know it's an ag product, but it seems to go this way every year with Label Peelers. I like them, but the push back on delivery every year is starting to get old.

got my cent/amarillo/simcoe but am still waiting on citra. unfortunately this wil be my last hop preorder with LP. it's odd that i got an email from farmhouse last week that they have "extra 2014 citra" but LP has none...

A buddy and I went out on a limb with Label Peelers. I have IPA that has been in the fermenter for almost a month now. I was depending on these hops to arrive by now so I can do my dry hop in the fermenter. So much for the pile of late addition hops I put in that brew. Wish I would have stuck with Farmhouse. :mad:

i got word my backordered citra came in on tuesday... hope they show up by the weekend.

I did a pre-order on 12/28, but had I known the delays people have had with the last order, I would have skipped it. I was hoping to see them end of January, I am expecting them by April now; doesn't seem too far fetched.

I emailed them and they got right back to me. I have a tracking number and my delivery is supposed to happen tomorrow.

Color me impressed, my 12/28 order is shipped as of today. Now I hope that means that everyone that ordered months ago was already taken care of.

Mine is on the delivery truck as we speak. I think Simcoe and Citra were late coming in, so I had them hold mine until everything could be shipped at once.

Got all the hops last night and divvied them up into foodsaver bags w/ oxygen absorbers. Fully stocked for the year. My experience has been good with Label Peelers. They have provided updates regarding their incoming hop shipments and allowed me to amend small items to my order several times without issue.

Label Peelers is my LHBS; great group of super helpful people! I hope everyone is satisfied with their hop orders! Just bought a few ounces of Citra a week ago!

Just got mine yesterday....I ordered in mid Nov and thought that might have been late....guess not.

Got all the hops last night and divvied them up into foodsaver bags w/ oxygen absorbers. Fully stocked for the year. My experience has been good with Label Peelers. They have provided updates regarding their incoming hop shipments and allowed me to amend small items to my order several times without issue.

You have any concerns about light getting to them through the food saver bags?

You have any concerns about light getting to them through the food saver bags?

They are stored in my freezer or fridge. Fridge only gets light when opened, and I have the top shelf covered with foil, hops below, so limited light. Freezer has no light. Not really worried about the few seconds of light per day.

I ordered 4 lbs in late October and haven't gotten any yet. I called last week to ask what the delay was. I was told they haven't gotten them in yet and now are expecting to ship them at the end of my month.

Ok, just want to make sure I was not the only one. I do not mind waiting. I have lbs of 2013/14 to use still

I did not pre-order, but am a LP customer. I received the following e-mail at 12:48 CST.

"We've been working hard to get you your pre-order hops. They are still in the pipeline and will be headed your way. If you take note, this year's hops are not available at any homebrew stores. If they are claiming they are this year's hops they are passing off last year's crop as the newest.

L.D. Carlson is the only distributor in the U.S. that handles the Hop Union grown and packaged product, and they have not received any of this year's crop.

There has been a buyout. Hop Union is now part of Y.C. Hops. In the transition, the inability or lack of desire to fulfill the homebrewing market with timely service and a volume of hops that would satisfy the demand for their product has been obvious. We have now been shuffled back another month. Your hops will be on their way, but we can not get a specific date from anyone, only that they will come. A loose estimate is 4-6 weeks.

If the new timeline is too great of a wait, we completely understand, we are frustrated also, and will refund anyone that requests. Keep in mind, our allocation of hops has been cut by 75% this year, and your pre-orders are the majority of that allocation. We will most likely be sold out of specific pre-order hops all year. Your pre-orders make up that much volume of what we will receive. There is no guarantee you will get your hands on these hops if you do request a refund, and they will surely be at a much higher price point caused by this scarcity.

It is a real shame when the end consumer, the die hard beer lovers and homebrewers are the last to be served.

Sorry for the wait,

LabelPeelers.com"

I have around 12# on pre order just got that email.. hops will be scarce this year for sure. From what I've been told (from a person in connection with LD Carlson). YCH Hops is also getting rid of a lot of the 1oz packs that don't move a lot.

August 1, 2014, Yakima, WA - Yakima Chief, Inc. of Sunnyside, WA and Hopunion LLC of Yakima, WA announced today that the companies are combining their worldwide operations under a new parent company, Yakima Chief-Hopunion LLC (“YCH”). YCH will acquire the equity and assets of both companies and related entities, effective July 31, 2014.

Yakima Chief is an industry leader in providing hop products to domestic and international brewers of all sizes and is recognized for its excellence in operations and sustainability programs. Hopunion is the leading hop supplier to the craft brewing industry and has supported craft brewers through years of unprecedented growth.

Since 2006, Yakima Chief has held a minority share of Hopunion LLC while maintaining its own independent operations. By combining all operations under a single name, this transaction will create a worldwide leader in hop products and services that is 100% owned by hop growing families and capable of delivering the highest quality hop products to brewers of any size in any location. YCH will provide seamless interaction between growers and the brewers they serve, and deliver the quality and sustainability that brewers have come to expect from Yakima Chief and Hopunion.

"In a time of unparalleled market demand, this transaction allows us to provide long term stability to the brewing industry, builds on the rich heritage of our grower-owners, and further strengthens our commitment to investing in the industry's future," said Don Bryant of Hopunion LLC.

"Our grower-owners have always considered their investments in Yakima Chief and Hopunion as extensions of their family farms. We look forward to honoring that generational commitment with transparency, sustainable pricing, and an uncompromising dedication to quality,” said Steve Carpenter of Yakima Chief, Inc.

Yakima Chief-Hopunion LLC will be headquartered in Yakima, WA, with operations in Sunnyside, WA; Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium; Shenzhen, China; and Hong Kong. The company will be led by the senior management team of Don Bryant, Chief Executive Officer; Steve Carpenter, President and Chief Operating Officer; and Bill Betterton, Chief Financial Officer.

The two companies will begin operating as one on August 1, 2014 with full integration of all operations expected to be complete in 2015.

ffs, just two weeks ago LP said I'd get my 11# pre-order in a couple of weeks.
Which would have been right about now.

Now another 4-6 weeks - and that is a "loose estimate"?
I'm so screwed.

Blaming something that happened almost two years ago seems weak...

Cheers! (sigh)

Well, good luck finding another vendor with HopUnion hops from the 2015 crop. They completed integration of their operations in 2015, and it appears that the Yakima Chief side, the side that sells hops to brewers, won out over the HopUnion side, the side that sells to homebrewers.

Label Peelers is only a few miles away from LD Carlson. You'd be hard pressed to find another HBS that has a better connection. Brewers in the area call Label Peelers for hops. If they say they can't get them.. no one can. I ordered a few pounds from hops direct to get me through until my LP order comes in. $25 a pound for centennial :(

glad i ordered my 2015 from yakima valley hops this year.

The people there are responsive and helpful, and the hops were great quality last year, so no regrets.

....but damn! Ye ol' hop freezer is empty and I'm thirsty.

Yeah, I've got some yeast waiting for these hops and it's pretty frustrating. I contacted LD Carlson to ask them about it and they said it had something to do with a lawsuit?

To clear up any confusion brought on by the gentlemen at Label Peelers we do in fact have 2015 hop in stock here at Farmhouse Brewing Supply. Here is a few pictures of some of the hops we have in stock, just dont want to empty the entire freezer to make a point.

Hops_1.jpg

Hops_2.jpg

To clear up any confusion brought on by the gentlemen at Label Peelers we do in fact have 2015 hop in stock here at Farmhouse Brewing Supply. Here is a few pictures of some of the hops we have in stock, just dont want to empty the entire freezer to make a point.

Yes, bulk hops and 1 ounce packs are available. It's the 1 pounders that are not available.

Looking at the pictures there at least 2 are from YCHHOPS (Yakima). I asked my LHBS about this and they have no idea about delays in the 2015 shipment.

Back