Krausen Healthy? Pics.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottyg354

Plant Based Homebrewer
Reaction score
I'm a little worried about my batch here. Usually the krausen fills up the entire gap. This is all I have gotten since Sunday. Plus it looks a little off. This is only my 4th batch so I'm not to sure if its just me worrying or not. I'm sure you guys can tell me.

photo3-1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

that is a perfect example of how different yeast like to "express" themselves in different ways!!! Happy Brewing.

how long have you been brewing and how many batches out of curiosity?

and september in PA in what looks like your basement so probably colder temperatures than you were having this summer = less vigorous fermentation = smaller krausen. maybe?

how long have you been brewing and how many batches out of curiosity?

and september in PA in what looks like your basement so probably colder temperatures than you were having this summer = less vigorous fermentation = smaller krausen. maybe?

Been brewing roughly a year. This would be batch 5. Usually the coldest my basement gets is 65 because my boilier is usually running in the colder months, I was think about get some sort of heating device for my carboy's. So I don't run into issues. Right now its fermenting at 70 Degrees if you notice the thermometer in the pics.

Back